Traceability and Auditing Manager
MRAG provides a wide range of seafood sustainability and social accountability services, including risk assessments as well as land-based and at-sea audits in the fisheries and aquaculture sector. In addition, we train and manage a team of in-house and external auditors to conduct ad-hoc traceability systems or other certified schemes such Chain of Custody (CoC) under the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) standards.
About this Job
We are currently looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic self-starter to fill the position of Traceability and Auditing Manager. You will support development of new business to expand and manage a team of in-house and external auditors proficient in one or more traceability certification scheme (e.g. MSC and ASC CoC). In addition, you will be required to conduct a range of fishery risk assessments for private clients as well support other consultancy projects, as required. You should have the ability to be flexible to a variety of tasks both autonomously and within a team. The post is based in central London with opportunities for some overseas travel.
Required skills and experience include:
- A Master’s degree in marine biology, fisheries science or another relevant subject.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience working in the European seafood sector.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of global seafood supply chains and market trends, including risk assessments and social accountability.
- Prior experience of business development is required.
- Demonstrate previous experience of managing projects teams or auditors, including staff training.
- Training and/or knowledge in one or more eco-label certification scheme (e.g. MSC/ASC CoC, Global G.A.P, BAP).
- Excellent written and presentation skills, producing high quality outputs.
- Lead Auditor status considered an asset under CoC for MSC and ASC and SA8000.
- Ability to multitask, and work on a range of projects often to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues (upwards and downwards) and with clients and project partners. Additional languages would be desirable but not essential.
- Willingness to travel when required.
If interested, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Dr Robert Wakeford.
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and you should include information on your current salary and notice period.
- Your current CV including full contact details
- Referees that we may contact in due course
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name Cover Letter” and “your name CV”. The subject of the email should read: Application for Traceability and Auditing Manager.
Application closing date: The position will remain open until filled.