Interim - Specifications Manager
One of the Top 150 Food Manufacturers, specialising in snacking products are seeking a Specification Manager to join its expanding team on an Interim Contract covering nationwide.
With over 30 years of heritage, this company is recognised market leaders with close ties to major wholesalers nationwide. This is a large company who truly put their staff at the centre of their business learning and developing from the roots.
As the Specification Technologist your duties will include:
- Management of the specification from plan to execution to meet customer's requirements
- Liaise with procurement and NPD ensuring full food safety, quality and customer's requirements are met
- Monitoring specifications of materials whilst ensuring production remains feasible
- Leading and driving a high performing team orientated culture
Reporting into the Lead Technologist this role will form part of the specifications team of a fast-paced, low care food manufacturing site.
The successful Specifications Technologist will be tasked with the delivery of liaising with new product development (NPD) and procurement teams in order to ensure all new and existing products are fully compliant with their specifications and product wording. This manufacturer is in the progress of bringing out a new product line along with their current snacking lines therefore they are seeking an interim staff member to join the team for initially 6 months although this could be extended.
The successful Specifications Technologist will have a range of the following:
- Ideally a recent food science graduate
- Experience within food technology in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills to relate with people on all levels
- Leadership qualities with career ambition
TIn return the Specifications Manager will receive a daily rate of £300 - £450 depending on experience plus full expenses paid.