Trader - Proteins - Meat/Seafood
An entrepreneurial protein trading business, specialising in procuring and trading meat and seafood throughout international waters is seeking a Trader to join its specialist team in Central London.
This company has been established for 5 years and is recognised by its unique trading style which has been established by developing relationships with some of the top international meat and seafood processing businesses.
As the Business Development Consultant your duties will include:
- Manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Plan and constantly review and prioritise trading activities in order to maximise results.
- Target relevant customers for quick communication of spot business opportunities.
- Maintain and develop customers through daily communication and business trips
- Complete cost cards for each trade to detail all budgeted costs and estimated profit.
- Enter trades accurately and completely into the company database system
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
To be a successful Trader you will have the following skills and experience:
- Be able to quickly and accurately convert a factory door price into a delivered price by keeping track of currency and logistics price fluctuations.
- Ability to constantly manage priorities and multitask
- Understand the importance of market information and be able to communicate that quickly to colleagues and act upon this.
- Quick to learn about the wide range of products traded and their characteristics, specific export markets and values as well as the requirements and strengths of each client.-
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, able to forge relationships with customers and suppliers to gain their respect, trust, support and loyalty.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in managing customers and contracts or a business, particularly achieving genuine sales/procurement development.
- Ideal background would be in import/export sales or procurement; actual first-hand experience of frozen food trading would be particularly valuable.
In return the Trader will receive a salary of £40,000 - £75,000 per annum depending on experience plus a bonus, pension and much more.