One of the top Fresh Produce businesses, specialising in supplying fresh products to the major retailers is seeking an Account Manager to join its expanding in their Online Channel team supporting two of the biggest retailers in the UK.
With over 23 years of heritage, this company is recognised market leaders with close ties to major retailers both instore and online.
As the Account Manager your duties will include:
- To manage the online accounts for two of the UK’s biggest retailers covering six categories within fresh produce.
- To support the Commercial Manager in developing the overall growth.
- To develop overall business understanding of the online channel and strategies
- To understand and develop other emerging online retail customers
- To support with cover and account management for other retail customers as required
- To deliver projected product sales and volume growth, maintaining supply service levels and meeting customer expectations
- To explore sales opportunities to maximise growth and achievement of increased volumes
- To ensure a comprehensive working knowledge of pricing parameters and seasonal attributes for all product ranges and varieties. Understand and help evolve least cost distribution
To be a successful Account Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Account management experience working within the Fresh Produce Industry. Seasonal produce knowledge is essential
- Develop and write customer business plans, agreeing anticipated activity/volume levels
- Breakdown to weekly programme, at detail level to include procurement availability
- Negotiate prices, volumes and values with customer. Ensure cost prices are entered on system; provide confirmation of agreed prices to customers and resolve cost price queries
- Track market share, actual versus planned. Analyse and communicate data
- Plan promotional activities, ensure procurement availability and agree pricing structures
- Proven Time management skills: Accustomed to working with and meeting deadlines
- Data inputting and analysis skills. Accustomed to working with and interpreting data.
In return the Account Manager will receive a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience plus a sector recognised bonus scheme.