Head of Supply Chain Development
Working Hours: 35
Are you a great innovator and developer? Can you manage complex international projects? We’re looking for a Head of Supply Chain Development, who can lead projects designed to develop innovative supply chain business solutions with the objective of keeping the MSC supply chain (traceability) standards at the forefront of industry best practice and traceability technological development. You will be responsible for horizon scanning of relevant risks and opportunities relating to new strategic opportunities for partnership and increasing the value of the MSC Chain of Custody (CoC) program to supply chain entities.
The post holder will initiate and lead key innovation projects, by working closely with other teams and departments within the MSC to develop an integrated strategy and action plan. The post holder will also be responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of complex managed projects and initiatives.
- Relevant post-graduate degree or equivalent in business, economics or appropriate technical program e.g. supply chain and logistics management, traceability systems, and a good understanding of the global seafood sector. Extensive experience could be used to supplement educational requirements.
- Evidence of a practical understanding of global supply chains and the key issues related to traceability, in areas such as; food safety, illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing (IUU), product tracking and key data element verification.
- Demonstrable strategic leadership skills in a variety of internal and external organisational settings. Evidence of an ability to successfully manage relationships with stakeholders, collaborators and colleagues with a people-centred approach to business and work essential
- Demonstrable experience working with influential stakeholders in supply chain management, traceability or policy development.
About the MSC
The MSC’s vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our world-leading certification and ecolabeling programme we recognise and reward sustainable fisheries and through the leadership of our partners, create market incentives to encourage other fisheries to improve the way they operate. Over 300 fisheries around the world, representing 12 % of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
If interested, please email the following information to Recruitment@msc.org
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and include information on your salary expectations as well as confirmation on whether you have the right to live and work in the UK;
- A copy of your current CV.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”.
The subject of your email should read: Head of Supply Chain Development