National Account Manager - Blue Chip Pharma OTC
About The Business:
A globally recognised Pharmaceutical business focused on pioneering the way across the Health & Beauty category. These guys operate in P-med and Consumer business units, truly dominating their respective categories and driving growth to take on some of the best loved brands.
Boasting multi billion-pound turnover and huge profitability, not only are they cash rich, but they invest heavily in innovation across all areas of their enviable portfolio, backing it up with bold marketing campaigns in line with their ambitious growth strategy.
This may be a pharma business, but they are owned by one of the world's largest & best recognised consumer brands. This has really smartened and sharpened the way they operate. We are not looking for pharma experts but consumer experts who specialise in account management growth and want to work in an SME like environment.
Culturally, these guys are far from the norm in terms of the way they operate. Although owned by a Blue Chip, they are passionate about flexible working, have no hierarchy and boast a fluid and flexible style.
We need likeminded people who can deal with the speed at which they move. Their sole focus is on providing absolute best quality for their consumers and customers - something we need you to be passionate about if you want to join them on their journey.
The ability to make informed but quick decisions to maximise growth potential is high on their priority list. If this is a frustration for you now, then this opportunity is without doubt something you must have a look at.
About the Opportunity:
National Account Manager - Blue Chip Pharma OTC
- £45,000 - £55,000 Basic Salary
- Company Car / Car Allowance
We need a National Account Manager on the largest and fastest growing area of the business in RX. This side boasts 24% growth YOY with a huge portfolio of products to get your teeth stuck into.
Historically the relationships have be harboured by wining and dining. We need you to come in from a consumer focused background to work with some of these huge customers in a much more strategic way of working.
These guys boast a repertoire that allows them to drive customers on price. The real challenge comes in on selling in more of the portfolio than historically taken through NPD.
This is a truly autonomous, fantastic opportunity to cut your teeth in a world class business. The progression plans here are unlimited with a route across function and into the wider business units within the huge but well set out structure.
You'll be managing large Wholesale and distribution customers nationally, focusing on the likes of AAH Pharma and Ceuta amongst others.
We are looking for a high calibre, ambitious, consumer goods professional and whilst previous experience in the OTC pharmaceutical market is beneficial it is certainly not a pre-requisite. It will be your commercial acumen, customer focus and ability to inspire those around you that will set you apart. Ownership and accountability will be second nature.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in similar role or related business.
- Experience with account management responsibility in FMCG preferable.
- Understanding and management data is desirable, Inc. P&L.
- Strong understanding of application of sales levers to specific customer and market dynamics.
- Ability to Manage complex situations. Negotiate in difficult conditions over a long period, with several negotiating partners whose interests may be radically different and with major strategic stakes.
- Perform analysis weekly, monthly, quarterly as per requirement of internal reporting and external account management. This will include but not limited to JBP, promotional activity, actual vs. forecast/plan, use of data.
- Financial understanding related to sales levers.
- Networking / Relationship Management.
- Time Management / Organisation.
- Inspires to deliver high-quality service. Looks for what the customer really needs, over and beyond request. Knows products and their value to our customers and knowing how we can work internally collaboratively to ensure we meet the customer needs.
If you're up for a challenge in a business oozing in growth and NPD then please confidentially drop me a line.
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting.
We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and into every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you're actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 590404 - we look forward to being in touch.