Senior National Account Manager - Blue Chip Health & Beauty
About The Business:
We’re looking for a Senior National Account Manager for a hugely exciting, high growth, FMCG Health & Beauty business with massive financial backing.
Already posting their fourth year of double digit growth, they have listings in the major multiples, an independent customer base and a direct distribution model. The foundations are set to double turnover in 2 years in line with their 5-year growth strategy.
You will be joining a business who have gone through a super re-branding, making them much more relevant for the consumer-focused markets they play in. This rebrand fully incorporates brand, packaging, internal processes and a newly kitted out open plan office as well as personnel.
What is different but very interesting is that these guys give you an opportunity to get heavily involved in moulding and creating culture. It is very important that you want to drive a culture that emits your personality - not just come in and do your job.
If you want to change the way you do things and really accelerate your career in a business that will not stifle your growth through level upon level of hierarchy and red tape, then this is the place for you.
About the Opportunity:
Senior National Account Manager – Blue Chip Health & Beauty
- £45,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Exceptional Bonus
This is a leading Senior National Account Manager role across Grocery or High Street with some of the highest growth customers in the business. What is brilliant about this is the account base can be flexed to suit you wants, needs or style.
You need to drive growth and go after white space within your customers working collaboratively with category led insight to build business plans.
The role offers huge breadth across all aspects of SME - like Account Management – and it requires a real hands on approach. All of your ideas will be welcomed and backed by the business; if you want to lead action/change the senior leadership team will give you the autonomy to do it.
Not only will you be responsible for this, but the business is going through huge investment internally too. We need candidates who are interested in impacting on culture and providing input to improving best in class working processes internally from an operational perspective. A huge difference to the norm.
The business wants to bring someone in with leadership qualities who they will back to build a team of over the course of the next 18 months. Promotion to "Head of/Controller level" within a 2-year period is also a must.
This role is a hybrid opportunity and not for the faint hearted, it is an all-encompassing strategic National Account Manager role. Candidates with strong top 4 and OTC backgrounds, customer facing, NPD and a degree of category management experience are high on the list of priorities due to the strategic position of the opportunity.
This is a Customer and Consumer focused business with you right at the heart of it. There are rapid progression schemes to push you to the next level, Channel Lead is realistic in a 12 – 18 month timeframe and we are hiring for the next 2 roles minimum in mind.
We are looking for a high calibre, ambitious, consumer goods professional and whilst previous experience in the OTC pharmaceutical market is beneficial it is certainly not a pre-requisite. It will be your commercial acumen, customer focus and ability to inspire those around you that will set you apart. Ownership and accountability will be second nature.
Ambition is key here as these guys recruit for at least 2 promotions within their business. Just being able to do the job is not what they want, it shouldn’t be what you want either. You’ll need to be able to show you are a future leader, high potential and someone who will raise the bar.
- Have a strong blend of both sales and marketing expertise where the customer and patient is at the top of the agenda. Ability to bring excellent insight to consumer buyer behaviour within the sales channels.
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to getting things done. Not afraid to lead from the front, whatever the task.
- Be an innovative thinker, confident in challenging the status quo and bring new ways of working to your team and organisation.
- Actively encourage and support the growth of the team around you through formal training and engaging experiences.
- Have the ability to provide clear communication where everyone understands the mission and their role within.
- Have experience of creating and initiating cross functional/divisional initiatives in the interest of the company.
- Maintain a strong organisational sense, understand and recognise the correct organisational behaviours.
- Have an ethos of teamwork and a collaborative spirit.
And ideally you’ll also have:
- Intimate knowledge of the UK pharmacy market with strong contacts and relationships.
- Experience of leading teams delivering to the UK Grocers and their buying teams.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering significant growth across multiple brands and sales channels.
- Proven experience of delivering an NPD pipeline in line with a long-term strategy.
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting. We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and into every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you’re actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 590404 – we look forward to being in touch.
Apply for Senior National Account Manager - Blue Chip Health & Beauty
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly