Partner Manager – On-trade - Scotland & North East
Salary band: £25-35k (Depending on experience)
Reporting to: National Sales Manager
Focus cities: Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle
Maverick Drinks is a rapidly growing distribution business representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
You will get to lead the conversation with our On-trade customers around our stable of multi-award-winning brands including Bathtub Gin (Ableforth’s), FEW Bourbon, That Boutique-y Whisky Co, Balcones, The Blended Whisky Co, Wolfburn, New York Distilling, The Handmade Cocktail Co, 1897 Quinine Gin and Darkness!.
About the role
What’s a Partner Manager? We like to think that everyone we work with on our awesome craft spirits portfolio is a partner of ours. We would never push a product upon our customers and we would like to think that we are consultative in our approach, and that pubs, bars and restaurants only stock our brands because they love them. Therefore, our sales teams are encouraged to partner with their customers, hence Partner Managers. You will be responsible for driving distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across the on-trade within your territory, acting as a consultant and bringing partners on the craft spirits journey.
Main purpose of the role:
● Taking full ownership of your given territory, and employing a consultative selling approach, you will drive distribution through both existing and new business on-trade outlets.
● Establish strong visibility for our brands within outlet, through jointly branded initiatives on cocktail and spirit menus, and bespoke promotional activities.
● Get the trade “Thinking Craft” - Use your expertise on the craft spirits category to share category insights in order to facilitate product ranging.
● Manage the full customer picture, and plan and execute A&P investment brilliantly.
● Utilise the internal team to deliver liquid, brand and category training to embed our brands and drive value.
● Liaise with the Partner Manager - Wholesale to ensure regional product availability and accessibility.
● Work collaboratively with industry peers from wholesalers to soft drinks suppliers to build a strong network.
● Solid sales or account management and new business development within the spirits industry, specifically in the on-trade.
● Experience of launching NPD or challenger brands into the on-trade.
● Good knowledge of the geographical area for the role in the on-trade, with demonstrable knowledge of the “movers and shakers”.
● Strong product knowledge spanning all categories of spirits, and ideally an understanding of craft spirits.
● Ability to manage A&P spend and carry out controlled analysis of activities.
● Excellent numeracy, language and negotiation skills
● Good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps, with ability to produce engaging presentations
● Curation of cocktail lists and skills in trade marketing would be valuable, as would experience of working behind a bar.
● Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
● Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification at Higher Level and a degree would be desirable.
● A full UK driving licence is required.
Why work for us?
We want to make sure that you love working for us as much as we love having you be part of our team. Below are just some of the reasons why you should join us….
● workplace pension
● cycle2work scheme,
● a relaxed working environment,
● flexible working,
● working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh, and you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Partner Manager - On-trade - Scotland role, then please apply now and send your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button