A prestigious meat business, specialising in procuring and trading pork, lamb, beef, poultry and veal is seeking a Meat Trader to join its expanding team covering nationwide.
With over 25 years of heritage, this company is recognised market leaders with close ties to major retailers and wholesalers. Its foundation is that sales come as a result of high levels of exposure within the meat sector and close customer support.
- As the Business Development Consultant your duties will include:
- Plan and constantly review and prioritise trading activities in order to maximise results.
- Manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Target relevant customers for quick communication of spot business opportunities.
- Work together with colleagues who can source relevant products for your target market or vice versa, sourcing for their sales areas.
- Maintain and develop customers through daily communication and business trips
- Complete cost cards for each trade to detail all budgeted costs and estimated profit.
- Enter trades accurately and completely into the company database system
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
To be a successful Meat Trader you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to constantly manage priorities and multitask
- Understand the importance of market information and be able to communicate that quickly to colleagues and act upon this.
- Be able to quickly and accurately convert a factory door price into a delivered price by keeping track of currency and logistics price fluctuations.
- Quick to learn about the wide range of products traded and their characteristics, specific export markets and values as well as the requirements and strengths of each client.-
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, able to forge relationships with customers and suppliers to gain their respect, trust, support and loyalty.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in managing customers and contracts or a business, particularly achieving genuine sales/procurement development.
- Ideal background would be in import/export sales or procurement; actual first-hand experience of frozen food trading would be particularly valuable.
- Experience of export logistics would be positive.
In return the Meat Trader will receive a salary of £40,000 - £80,000 per annum depending on experience plus a company car, pension and much more.