My client is global brand owner to a number of leading iconic brands spanning across more than 120 countries.
They are looking for a Category Controller/Category Team Leader to build and deliver category plans for key grocery retailers, enabling the execution of Category Strategy and optimising the distribution of brands.
A proven Category Controller is needed to be the category expert within this large branded business. You will lead, direct and coach a Category Team to develop a Category Strategy that will Create Profitable Change at the Point of Purchase and deliver total category targets, consistent with Sales & Marketing Strategies, consumer and customer needs and company budgets.
Currently working within the FMCG sector you will be proven in category management and have experience of managing and leading direct reports.
- Delivering the Business Unit Objectives Through Sales
- Converting Brand and Category Opportunities into selling propositions that add value to our customers
- Set out promotional strategy and guidelines, including regular effectiveness evaluation
- Develop and Implement Category Thought Leadership
- Develop advanced understanding of consumer category shopping behaviour using the best practises of Category Management and convert these into a powerful trade category strategy and tactical blueprints.
- Ensure Trade Category Strategy and Tactics are regular presented to customers and embedded in shopper centric joint business plans that lead and support innovation and initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Proven in FMCG category management and sales; ideally within a branded food or drink business
Ideally have classical training in a medium/large blue chip business
Exposure to grocery accounts
Line management experience – Leading and coaching a category team
Superb relationship building skills
Strongly analytical with exceptional influencing skills
Depth of understanding in category management and ability to apply this
A positive and ’can do’ attitude
We are looking for a top performer at Senior Category Manager / Category Controller level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make your next step in your career in Category Management in an environment that will challenge and develop you, You will be rewarded for your work and the value you can add through an attractive salary and package.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills then please apply with your CV quoting reference 9/14766/7
If you do not hear back within 7 days the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search.