Product Development/NPD Manager
We are a £30 million fast-growing, fine food business supplying a broad range of branded food products from around the world to the major multiples, independent customers and department stores, as well as to the wholesale and foodservice trades. Our range includes Thai and Vietnamese foods, condiments/sauces, canned goods, biscuits & cookies, as well as baking and confectionery and outstanding Christmas products.
We are not a “red tape” kind of business. We actively encourage cross team interaction and you will need to understand all the elements of our business. You will have direct access to the Senior Management team and work closely alongside the National Account Controller on a daily basis.
• The majority of the development work will be on private label/retailer brand, but there will be some branded development on our own brands
• Manage 3rd party manufacturer relationships and flow of samples, specifications etc
• Capable of managing multiple projects at once
• Prepared to establish processes for product development, including critical paths /stage gate process
• Regular internal and external presentations
• Have an understanding of using retailer and market data to extract insights to support the role and business objectives
• Strong commercial acumen
• Become an ambassador for the business to manufacturers around the world
Graduate, ideally with a business and food related degree
FMCG innovation/NPD experience
Experience of 3rd party manufacturers
• Experience with major UK retailer brand standards
• Management of first production for major UK retailer product launches & compliant with policies & factory standards
• Customer facing experience
Strong commercial acumen and able to lead & drive projects through to completion
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2713/7gj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details