Sales Trader- Meat & Poultry
A well established food wholesaler is seeking an ambitious and passionate trainee sales trader to manage and develop existing accounts nationwide. This is a rare opportunity to establish your career within the food industry.
My client is a market leading wholesaler and distributor of meat and poultry, growing from strength to strength since their creation. With a strong international presence, they have developed into a world class supplier globally.
With a headquarters at the heart of London, they facilitate a fast working environment with great progression opportunities and career stability with a transparent corporate structure.
Working closely with food processors and retail, they are an organisation which encourages individuals to get out there and interact closely with clients. With a first class reputation, the company provides first class training to ensure that traders are at the forefront of the market and consistently deliver a first class service to clients irrespective of market fluctuations.
The Sales Trader will be based in the Kent office. The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Acting as a point of contact for key accounts nationwide
- Developing and growing existing accounts nationwide.
- Working closely with internal teams with regards to logistics and import
- Monitoring market conditions to identify sales margin on a daily basis
- Analysing competitor behaviour within the market and develop a thorough understanding of the market and the conditions that affect it
- Analyse and act upon stock in channel to ensure the most efficient use of working capital and minimise company exposure
- Generate and submit all reports, detailed contact reports and forecast on time and of a consistently high standard
The Sales Trader is a role for an individual who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, you will have:
- Experience in poultry
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to adapt to change quickly
- The ability to communicate to key stakeholders
- Strong software and organisational skills,
- Strong technical ability
- Good analytical skills
The Sales Trader role offers an attractive salary plus uncapped commission.