National Account Manager - Top 4 Grocer
Why PepsiCo? Walk into your local supermarket or corner shop and it won't take long to spot one of our products. PepsiCo is home to Walkers, Pepsi, Quaker and Tropicana - market-leading brands and household favourites. We are one of the world's leading food and beverage companies, generating over $65 billion in net revenue each year.
This is a role for an ambitious individual looking to accelerate their career as part of our fast paced UK Sales Team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of our highest profile customers and build an exciting career here at PepsiCo.
Distinguished by our energetic, determined nature, our sales teams combine a strategic and consultative approach; utilising incisive consumer data to help both PepsiCo and our customers flourish. Our National Account Managers (NAM's) are responsible for building and maintaining outstanding customer relationships and strong commercial partnerships.
In this role, you'll manage, develop and deliver the plans for one of our largest Grocery customers. You'll work across the account management team to build joint business plans that deliver against PepsiCo UK market share, product distribution and revenue targets, with close management of the P&L. You'll lead a cross functional agenda, with internal teams and customer contacts to deliver the PepsiCo UK account plan.
- Drive significant growth in our Grocery business through developing a three pronged strategic approach with commercial, category and brand teams; aligning key internal stakeholders and leading the customer sales negotiations.
- Deliver against the net revenue and margin contribution targets for your customer.
- Work with the Insights Manager to deliver against share, distribution and space targets for your customer.
- Take ownership for building and executing long term strategic plans to deliver sustainable and profitable growth within the account in 2016 and beyond.
- Lead the PepsiCo commercial strategy with your customer and drive the discovery process for future opportunities.
- Manage and develop cross-functional relationships and ways of working, both internally and externally.
Key Skills and Experience:
- An FMCG sales background, which should include a good working knowledge of the principles of an FMCG business
- Proven experience of account ownership and development of collaborative relationships
- Commercial acumen. An understanding of key financial metrics (P&L based), including knowledge of the key business drivers and growth levers.
- Strong negotiation skills
- A strong results orientation with a track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- An ability to work with and interpret data, providing insights to leverage selling arguments
- An understanding of cross-functional working, with the pro-active intuition to drive the agenda
- Degree level education or equivalent
Joining our Head Office team in Reading (you'll be based here at least three days a week), you'll be aligned with one of our core product-groups (including Snacks, Cereals and Juice) and to one of our largest Grocery customers. We're fortunate that we make some of the country's favourite grocery brands (including Walkers, Quaker and Tropicana) and our customers and shoppers expect them to be well-represented on the shelves of Grocery outlets across the land. That expectation presents its own challenges, however, there is plenty of market share to be had out there, so come and help us win it!