Job Title: Sales Representative
Location: South East
Salary: To £28,500 Plus Commission (C£7000 OTE), Company Car, Fuel Card, Credit Card
Sector: Pet Trade
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: NH/20009
- One of the best suppliers in this market
- Inherit an established role with huge scope for growth
- New Midlands head office and warehouse centre
Exciting designs, a commitment to product development, strong brands and first-class customer relationships make this long-established company a real success story. Supplying grocery, garden and pet retailers in 45 countries they have the range, prices and service levels to impress the most demanding buyers in the business. They achieve consistent growth and can offer a definite career opportunity to an ambitious individual.
The Role of Sales Representative:
You will inherit a well-established business base of 120 independent retailers in the South-East area (East of Swindon) with sales c£1.2 million. Customers are predominantly pet shops with some garden centres. Reporting to the Field Sales Manager you will implement a regional strategy to maximise sales and margin in each account. Key responsibilities will include:
- Visit all customers on a 4-6 week cycle to review performance and develop new opportunities
- Improve merchandising, sell in new lines and train in-store sales assistants
- Identify and convert new customer opportunities
- Negotiate agreements and promotions with key customers
- Home based with travel throughout this region
- Attend sales meetings in the Midlands head office
- The Person for this Sales Representative Role:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Representative from within or outside of the pet trade. In order to minimise travel time you will ideally be based around the M25 or on the M1, M4 or M40 corridor. In addition you will need:
- At least 5 years of field sales experience
- Evidence of dealing with independent retailers - selling to the person who pays the bills!
- Able to open new accounts, grow existing accounts, improve in-store displays and enthuse retail sales assistants
- A determined character with a proven track record of achievement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic
- Great communication skills
This role offers a negotiable basic salary to £28,500 and a performance based bonus c£7000 per annum. A company car is provided together with a fuel card, credit card, iphone, ipad, laptop and 22 days holiday. More importantly this is a great career move for an ambitious individual seeking a forward thinking business.
To apply please contact Nick Hester on 01275 813030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us on 01275 813000.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.