Key Accounts Manager
Job Title: Key Accounts Manager
Location: Midlands / North
Salary: To £35,000 Plus Sales Bonus, Mercedes, Fuel Card, Credit Card
Sector: Pet Trade
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: NH/20006
- One of the best suppliers in this market
- Inherit an established role with huge scope for growth
- New Midlands head office and warehouse centre
Exciting designs, a commitment to product development, strong brands and first-class customer relationships make this long-established company a real success story. Supplying grocery, garden and pet retailers in 45 countries they have the range, prices and service levels to impress the most demanding buyers in the business. They achieve consistent growth and can offer a definite career opportunity to an ambitious individual.
The Role of Key Accounts Manager
You will inherit a well-established business base of 20 key account customers that are based in the Midlands and North of England as well as some accounts in Ireland. These range from garden centre groups to pet shop chains and wholesalers. Reporting to the Sales Director you will implement a strategy to maximise sales and margin in each account. Key responsibilities will include:
- Visit all buyers on a 6-8 week cycle to review performance and develop new opportunities
- Negotiate trading terms, implement promotions and conduct annual range reviews
- Visit branches to understand retail presentation and drive improvements
- You will report to and be supported by the Sales Director.
- This role will be home based with a weekly visit to the Midlands office. The job holder will travel to Ireland every 6-8 weeks with a few nights away from home.
The Person for this Key Account Manager’s role:
We are looking for either:
An established Key Accounts Manager who is looking for a new challenge; or an ambitious Sales Representative who seeks career progression.
In addition, you will need:
- At least 5 years of field sales experience
- Evidence of dealing with independent retailers – negotiating terms, reviewing ranges and adapting to the needs of the store
- A determined character with a proven track record of achievement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic
- Great communication skills as well as being numerate and IT literate
This role offers a negotiable basic salary and a performance based bonus c£7000 per annum. A company car (Mercedes CLA) is provided together with a fuel card, credit card, iphone, ipad, laptop and 22 days holiday. More importantly this is a great career move for an ambitious individual seeking a forward thinking business.
To apply please contact
Nick Hester or 01275 813030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us on 01275 813000.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.