BDM | Branded FMCG
Our client is an award winning FMCG business who supply the UK’s Retail and Wholesale channels with their most loved branded food and non-food products.
The business has been growing significantly over recent years and with the recent move to a brand new site the future is looking bright.
They are looking to add some new talent to their Commercial Team
Business Development Manager - High Street Retail
The business works in partnership with some of the biggest names in high street retail. They supply a large number of products that are distributed UK wide.
The BDM will focus on developing new business in this channel.
- Identify and unlock new business opportunities
- Work to specific projects which maybe be product, customer or channel specific
- Develop relationships with customers and suppliers
- Self generate leads and appointments
- Report to Channel head on tracked progress
- Understand product range and be able to sell it to existing accounts and propects
- Understand and document the key personnel who have an influence in buying, ranging, selling, promoting
- Participate in appropriate selling activity (promotion/trade days) run by depots and secure appropriate resources
- Delivery of supplier objectives in line with Joint Business Plans
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Customer understanding (e.g. Key Performance Indicators, contacts, corporate & category strategy, pricing & promo strategy, category size, competitive set, competitive Unique Selling Points, supply chain structure etc.)
- Collaborative forecasting
- Joint ownership of account business modelling – building customer plans with analysis of ROI, understanding the customer P&L, tracking of customer budgeted investment, effectively processing invoices
- Produce effective reports to be distributed both internally / externally
- Ensure all activities relating to medicines & medical devices are in accordance with Good Distribution Practice of medical products
- Branded FMCG Background.
- Keen business hunting mentality.
- Knowledge of high-street retail customers.
- Desire to operate in a sales and kpi driven environment.
- Ideally degree educated.
- Full clean DL.
Commutable from the Midlands and South East England – 3 days per week in the office.
What’s on Offer
- Up to £30k + car allow + bonus + benefits.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0131 2265060.