Channel Sales Manager – garden centre trade
Job title: Channel Sales Manager – garden centre trade
Location: Home based – South UK
Salary: Up to £60,000 plus bonus, company car and extensive benefits
Sector: Garden / DIY
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/19814
- Join an outstanding company and lead sales in a new channel.
- Represent a highly respected brand with a first class product range.
- Selective distribution, controlled growth, premium products and high margins.
An exciting new role with a leading international manufacturer with a reputation for excellence in product design and innovation. The company has a new focus on garden centres and department stores and seek an experienced, motivated and expert channel sales manager to drive sales growth.
The Role of Channel Sales Manager – garden centre retail:
Reporting to the senior management team, the job holder will be responsible for:
- Identifying key prospects and priorities within key garden centre / department store groups.
- Developing an action plan to achieve annual sales targets.
- Building customer specific business plans.
- Forging strong trade relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
- Planning and coordinating merchandising support in order to optimise distribution and sell-through.
- Managing product mix and pricing according to company guidelines.
- Monitoring the market and competition and take appropriate actions.
- Attending trade exhibitions.
A negotiable basic salary plus performance based bonus, company car, 25 days holiday, fuel card, credit card, pension, healthcare and life assurance.
Candidate profile: Channel Sales Manager – garden centre retail:
Living in a South / Midlands location the job holder will:
- Be employed as a Key Account Manager or National Accounts Manager in a consumer goods business with strong brand identity.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of supplying suitable retailers including garden centre groups, department stores or high street retailers.
- Possess a proven track record of sales growth at head office level.
- Have a thorough understanding of in-store product presentation and how to achieve maximum impact.
- Prepared to travel widely throughout the UK.
- Commercially strong with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong journey planning and time management skills.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
Closing date for applications Thursday 8th March.
We endeavor to reply to all applications but if you have not heard from us by Friday 9th March we regret that your application will not have been successful.