As a Sales Manager it will be your remit to take full control of the German market (based from the UK).
This is a superb opportunity for someone to take full ownership of this growth market, design and mould it's footprint for moving forward to then build a team around you.
This leading SME is a true aspirational brand, endorsed with a strong Royal and Celebrity following.
My client offers their customers the option of a premium and high end product baby range, as well as a mass market option through a variety of Retail outlets.
As a Sales Manager it will be your remit to take full control of the German Sales market (based from the UK). This is a superb opportunity for someone to take full ownership of this growth market, design and mould it's footprint for moving forward to then build a team around you.
The initial focus will be to stabilise and assess the entire business plan to then form your own strategy in order to maximise the companies return in this lucrative territory. The aim for the German territory is to replicate the success the UK has seen by working closely with the key accounts/ national chains in order to gain distribution and visibility. The successful candidate will also strive to build long term relationships with the account base while maximising sales opportunities, achieving company revenue, profit and business growth objectives.
Further to account management and business development it will be crucial for you to work cross functionally, especially with the agents that you will manage. Moreover, the successful Sales Manager will hold responsibilities for the following but not limited to;
- Continue to seek out and exploit new business opportunities in the assigned region and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients / new business / new categories to meet the growth targets.
- Conduct regular analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends, provide market feedback to the relevant function of the company regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product/program ideas to meet market needs.
- Plan and support the accounts marketing activities to the agreed budgets and timescales, e.g. product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions, etc.
- Educate the key retailers around the product offering and become a full brand ambassador for the UK.
- Generate and maintain up to date item level forecasts at the customer level
- Design/ rectify and implement a sales agent model as you see fit.
The successful candidate MUST speak and write fluent German. My client is open minded as to the background of the candidate, provided you have an affinity to product. You will be motivated to join a dynamic and SME environment where the emphasis is placed on ownership and drive to succeed. Access to London
Furthermore it is imperative the successful candidate has the following traits;
- Credibility and confidence in front of their customers and colleagues
- Product experience with strong negotiation abilities
- A natural rapport builder who gets stuck in
- Experience negotiating at buyer level (preferably)
- A creative thinker who can work around obstacles and deliver improved solutions and performances
- A balanced and well-rounded individual who is likeable but can also get straight to the poin
- An active listener who absorbs information and can communicate back successfully
- An individual who is interested in longevity, both in role and relationship building