FMCG Category Manager (Grocery)
If you're looking for a big Category Manager role in grocery with high levels of ownership and autonomy, an entrepreneurial environment, and good opportunity to have an impact and build your career at one of the best FMCG businesses out there then please read on - this influential, customer-facing role in a fast-paced, forward thinking business with some of the UK's top, most current and well-loved brands could be for you.
Working in the grocery team and reporting into the Commercial Activation Controller, you'll be responsible for driving the range and space at the point of purchase. Using recommendations you will engage key customers in joint category plans that drive both category sales and brand share. As Category Manager you'll be a key partner to the sales teams working closely with NAMs to identify and close opportunities.
Key responsibilities and KPIs
- Act as a key partner to customers engaging them in model outlet opportunities and leading to development of joint category plans
- Execute Model store recommendations with key customers within the business unit
- Deliver best in class range reviews with key accounts to agreed model outlet metrics
- Measure model outlet success with benchmark scorecards for customers and account teams
- Be an integral partner to the account teams generating opportunities and developing plans to drive range and space at the point of purchase
Key Competencies and Skills
- Turning data into actionable insight
- Comfortable using a number of data sources to create insight e.g. iRi, Kantar, Dunnhumby etc.
- Leadership of projects across multiple teams
- Ability to engage customers in a strategic agenda
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous experience in customer facing roles
- Knowledge and understanding of the category management process
- Good understanding of JDA/space planning software
Applicants must have FMCG experience, ideally in a Category Management role at another major FMCG business. However, backgrounds on the agency side from the likes of iRi and Kantar with relevant experience will also be considered, possibly also candidates on the retailer side. You'll need strong influencing skills and the ability to challenge and think differently.
This is a great chance to join one of the best FMCG businesses out there. There aren't many other places that have the same level of opportunity in terms of what you can achieve in your role and the options to develop into different functions and broaden your experience - you determine your direction and progression is swift if you're delivering. It's a brilliant open work environment and they've made great efforts to selectively build the business around great people with a self starting, entrepreneurial mind set and lots of positive energy and can-do attitude. In general they also have a good flexible approach to working and a buzzy, friendly office full of the best of FMCG. If you're looking for a challenge to make your mark then please do get in touch.
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we're not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.