Head of UK Sales (Fashion/Clothing)
7 days left
- Contract Type
Job title: Head of UK Sales (Fashion/Clothing)
Location: South Coast
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 DOE + Commission + Vehicle
Sector: Clothing / Fashion / Footwear
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: AL/19810
- Branded supplier of casual outdoor clothing now sold through 700 retail outlets.
- Achieving annual growth of 37% and stocked by some leading high street names.
- A company genuinely going places.
A successful and fast growing British fashion clothing and footwear manufacturer with a strong outdoor living identity. Now stocked by 700 independent retailers throughout the UK and by some leading names in department store and outdoor living retail. Three new export countries opened in the last year and huge ambition for further growth. Currently turning over at £7.5m with a clear 3-year strategy plan to get that to £12m by 2021.
The role of Head of Sales:
As the Head of Sales you will be responsible for a team of 3 employed sales people and 2 agents. In addition, you will be the primary contact for all key accounts (e.g. H of F, JLP, Next, Cotswold, Blacks, Millets, Tillington group, Dobbies, Frosts, Klondyke, TK Maxx). You will also lead the international sales division - being the point of contact for present distributors and future new markets. Your number 1 priority will be about growing this brand through the field sales team and the relationships you build with new and existing national accounts.
- Arrange meetings with existing national accounts to present spring/summer and autumn/winter ranges.
- Build customer enthusiasm and brand loyalty in order to secure substantial sales orders.
- Actively participate in trade exhibitions in order to identify new customers, you will be responsible for leading this in the UK and Europe. Around 4 weeks a year will be spent at these shows.
- Regular visits to secure top-up orders.
- Managing, mentoring and coaching the field sales team.
- Prospecting to open new accounts.
- Advise on in-store layout and display.
The person for this Head of Sales role:
We are looking for a highly skilled National Account Manager/National Sales Manager/Senior Sales Manager with experience of working in a branded business that supplies retailers who is ready to make the step up. Ideally you will have led a field sales team, managed key accounts, had exposure to international sales and contributed to strategy - or you will be on a growth curve to reach this level soon. Attitude is very important, and you must be hard working and determined.
- Based within 1 hour commute of Poole/Bournemouth.
- Ideally having sold clothing, sportswear, shoes, however more general FMCG will be considered.
- A proven track record of ability to open new retail accounts and grow sales turnover.
- Experience dealing with independent retailers to large national accounts.
- Excellent sales skills. Able to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close for sales orders.
- Right personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily.
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets.
- Passionate about fashion clothing and highly motivated to work in this trade.
- An outdoor living enthusiast – hobbies might include skiing, surfing, biking, camping, rugby sailing etc.
The job holder will enjoy a basic salary plus an open-ended commission scheme that truly rewards sales performance, a fully expensed vehicle and all business expenses.
For more information and to apply please contact: Aaron Latta at Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Head of UK Sales (Fashion/Clothing)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly