Due to growth, my client now has a vacancy for a Category Manager to join their in house marketing team in County Durham.
My client is based in County Durham and is a well established, financially sound, growing business who has had double digit growth in the last 5 years.
As Category Manager, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Revenue & Margin targets in named categories.
- Accurate & creative merchandising of product range.
- Develop & implement marketing plan in line with company objectives.
- Create & implement creative offers/deals.
- Separate customer acquisition & retention campaigns.
- Develop & improve customer journey.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Ensure marketing budget is used efficiently in your designated product categories.
- Mentoring of junior category managers.
The successful Category Manager will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Proven track record in product category management.
- Sales focused with strong commercial acumen.
- Experience working within a KPI/targeted environment.
- Data and results focused with strong attention to detail.
- Someone who would describe themselves as a commercial marketeer.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, listening.
- Able to create clear, concise reports for management.
c.£40k basic salary DOE + bonus + flexible benefits