Asda National Account Manager (13 Month Maternity Cover)
Asda National Account Manager (13 Month Maternity Cover)
Reporting into the Senior National Account Manager
Purpose of Job
We are looking for a dynamic and commercially astute commercial manager to lead our B&S and snacking Cheese relationship with Asda.
This position will involve skilful management of a number of Asda commercial contacts, buyers, marketers, managing the implementation of all internal processes as well as driving marketing initiatives.
Critical to success will be effective cross functional working both with Dairy Crest stakeholders and external partners and agencies
- To be the lead day-to-day DC contact, holding P&L responsibility and promoting effective cross-functional business relationships at all levels. Within this position, the NAM will be expected to develop, negotiate and deliver the annual business plans in line with DC strategy and brand plans. The NAM will play an integral role in commercial negotiations.
- In addition to the financial responsibilities, the NAM is responsible for developing and implementing the promotional plan, along with supporting the Category & Shopper Management programme within the defined categories. As part of this programme, the NAM is responsible for developing & securing NPD into the account at the defined distribution levels.
- The NAM role will also be responsible for ensuring the Demantra system is up to date across their product groups and sometimes the overall account as well. Time management & workload prioritisation are key skills within this role as are the ability to effectively manage systems and admin.
Nature & Scope of the Job
- This role is based in Claygate, but location is flexible between home, Claygate, Account’s sites and DC sites as necessary, as a key enabler to success in this role is engaging and influencing other DC functions & the customer.
- This is a leading role within the internal account team covering Sales, Category and Shopper Marketing, Finance & Supply Chain. Working as part of a team and being able to influence others is key, which is equally true with the customer.
- To managing the growth and commercial delivery on specific product groups within a multiple account team. The NAM should be day to day contact for each customer and there is a large emphasis placed on developing the total business relationship between DC and the retailer, therefore there is an ability to understand different objectives / perspectives and influence a wide & diverse network is critical.
- This is a sales driven role with P&L responsibility - Developing and implementing business plans to achieve annual budget targets (Turnover, Volume & Profit) will remain the key challenge. The NAM is required to negotiate joint business plans with the customer under internal & retailer pressure.
- Responsible for identifying future opportunities, then developing and implementing initiatives that improve the overall commercial performance of the DC portfolio. To achieve this, the NAM must be able to analyse & convert opportunities from a wide number of sources including internal initiatives, external market & competitor performance, UK wide retail developments and specific customer strategy development.
- A key challenge is ensuring DC raises their profile as a key advisor to the buying team and are included when advice / direction is required. The role will require knowledge of the defined customer categories.
- A high standard of organizational & interpersonal skills is required to develop and maintain contacts with the customer across all functions, and internally with Finance, Customer Marketing, Marketing and Manufacturing sites.
- This role has a range of contacts at the Account (Buyers, Admin, Supply Chain) as well as interacting with almost all departments within Dairy Crest.
- To deliver volume and margin performance to agreed budget levels across total portfolio.
- To develop annual internal Customer Plans, that are converted into external Joint Business Plans
- To develop and manage a promotional plan, which achieves both DC and customer objectives.
- To develop and build long-lasting relationships at all levels and functions within customers.
- To identify and develop new sales opportunities.
- To ensure DC brands get at least fair share of distribution and space.
- To ensure branded NPD is sold in at agreed distribution levels.
- To work with the Shopper Manager to develop tailor-made promotions and POP activity.
- To work with the Category Manager to implement new initiatives to improve both DC & retailers performance
- Provide highest account service level (internally & externally), through accurate forecasting and timely administration of promotions and product changes
- Develop core skills with a view to further progression
Knowledge & Experience Required
- University degree or equivalent would be preferable
- Account Management experience preferably within an FMCG company, ideally having both Branded and ROL experience.
- Exposure to a managing a portfolio of customers would be preferable.
- Involvement of the joint business planning process required
- Experience of working in diverse teams (including dotted line / cross functional teams)
- First hand experience in developing / implementing promotional plans.
- Limited industry knowledge, with appreciation of structure, key relationships and retailer strategic direction.
- Experience identifying opportunities and winning new business.
- Experience of delivering Customer / Shopper plans preferable
- Delivery of NPD and cost price increases
- Proven level of commercial & business acumen.
- A proven track record of good relationship building and communication skills: internally, cross functionally and customer facing.
- Ability to utilise a range of tactical account management skills.
- Ability to analyse data and generate recommendations that deliver both category and Dairy Crest growth.
- Well developed analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Practiced negotiator, with developed influence & impact skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic & assertive – A real passion for Dairy Crest, our brands & customers, along with their own learning & development.
- ‘People person’ - The right person will want to be involved in a winning team.
- A ‘Can do’ attitude – Prepared to face into the difficult conversations & challenges, but prepared to learn from experienced colleagues and line managers
- Results oriented and not afraid to learn from mistakes
- Good communicator and relationship builder.
- Self motivated & hard working.
Agencies - Thank you for your interest in working with Dairy Crest. We have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed.
We do not pay fees or acknowledge any CV’s supplied to Dairy Crest unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of the Resourcing Team.