Operations Manager South East / Yorkshire - Logistics
5 days left
- Contract Type
Arla Foods are currently looking to recruit for 2 key positions within our supply chain. The Operations manager works as part of a team that is responsible for the day to day management of 3pl operations in a given region of the UK. We have 2 positions, one based in the north, ideally Yorkshire, with the other in the south east. Whilst predominantly based at one site, this will be a regional role that includes the management of outbound distribution and warehousing performance in which both have a major impact on the success within service levels, product quality and financial performance.
You will be required to support the Regional General Manager by managing key stakeholders, external and internal staff and by supporting with duties such as target setting, implementation of business changes and optimisation within your own department.
Further responsibilities will include:
* Following up on departmental KPIs and forecasts
* Ensuring compliance with customer delivery agreements
* Following up on external distribution assignments in cooperation with Global Procurement
* Ensuring the coordination of supply chain activities
* Suggesting solutions for improvement and optimal use of resources, time and equipment
* Managing 3rd party requirements against contractual SLA agreements
* Supporting the coordination of clear, consistent and effective management reviews with third parties to ensure short/medium term performance criteria is being met, and aligned on joint business direction
* Ensuring alignment of third party activities is in line with Arla Good Growth Strategy and values
* Development of existing and new relation with all key stake holders
* Strategic optimisation focusing on both customer service and cost
* Supporting and managing where required on key projects
* Having an understanding of current budget and KPI records across Logistic operations
* Reviewing operations and analyses to highlight and drive improvement
* Formal reviews with all sites linking to agreed KPI and future business strategies
* Challenges processes and practices identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
We are looking for candidates who have a number of years experience of managing within a supply chain environment and ideally from a transport background. You must also be able to demonstrate practical experience in managing business changes and strategic projects and have the ability to work on a regional basis which includes regular travel.
In return we can offer a competitive basic salary + bonus / company car / pension / phc.
Closing date for applications is 9th March
To apply please click here