Head of Trading - Merchandising Bias
The Head of Trading is pivotal in the delivery of Key strategic initiatives and the identification of opportunities to drive the business forward translating trends in performance data and insights into strategies for performance, range planning, forecast planning, and stock lifecycle management for sustainable, profitable growth. Your main responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of Trading professionals, developing skills at all levels from Graduate to Senior
- Accountable for financial planning of their key customers and setting of stock, sales & profit targets that are aligned to the Hallmark budget plans. Measuring against these plans and ensuring corrective action is in place for delivery of the targets.
- Works closely with Head of Customer and Category & Head of Product to ensure a commercial range structure is in place with required refresh is planned to achieve the agreed sales targets. Sets the category strategy for all Customer Range Reviews including Everyday and Seasonal
- Accountable for ensuring the right product, goes to the right store, at the right time through the correct cascading of ranges and accurate forecasting of stock
- Development of stock strategies in place to deliver SKU targets, stock cover targets, availability, credit/returns and obsolete stock targets all key to the business profitability
About you ...
Joining a strong leadership team, becoming a role model throughout the business, you embody our ways of working, bringing energy and passion to everything you do. Exceptionally skilled in analyzing data and problem solving, we’re also looking for you to demonstrate:
- You’re a great leader, with a proven track record of creating both a sense of purpose and direction for the Merchandising teams you’ve led and skillfully developed
- A customer centric, with a strategic mindset, focused on setting meaningful actions
- You have the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment and have a proven track record for driving businesses forward
- You have sound decision making skills and excellent organisational skills
- You are educated to degree level/equivalent diploma
- You have extensive, solid experience in FMCG environment
- You are fully conversant with standard business desktop applications, including Excel
What we can offer you ...
Based at our Dawson Lane site in Bradford, close to key motorway links you’ll be able to take advantage of:
- Competitive salary
- Car Allowance
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A variety of other cultural and lifestyle benefits, aimed at promoting a positive work/life balance
Should you like any further information, please contact Claire Flowers-Warner at Claire.email@example.com, in our Recruitment team, for more information or a confidential discussion.