HEAD OF UK SALES – HOMEWARE / GIFTWARE
Head of UK Sales – Homeware / Giftware
Competitive Salary + additional benefits
Office based – Barlaston, Staffordshire
WWRD United Kingdom, Ltd. is part of the Fiskars Group of Companies. Established in 1649 as an ironworks in a small Finnish village, Fiskars has grown to be a leading consumer goods company with globally recognised brands that operate within two clear divisions known as Living (formerly WWRD) and Functional. Market leading brands housed within the Living Division include Wedgwood, Royal Doulton, Waterford, Iittala and Royal Copenhagen. Fiskars and Gerber brands operate from within the Functional Division. With iconic products, strong brands and global ambitions, Fiskars’ mission is to enrich people’s lives in the home, garden and outdoors. Fiskars’ products are available in more than 100 countries with the company employing around 9,000 people across 30 countries and it is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. Operating from a modern state of the art facility on the outskirts of Stoke-on-Trent, which is a key decision-making centre within the group and takes an innovative, ambitious and forward-thinking approach.
Reporting to the President of Sales for EMEA, the UK Head of Sales position is a senior management role with significant responsibility within the Living Division. You will be expected to maximise the commercial opportunity and perform overall general management of UK Sales across all Living brands.
Due to strategic change, this is a newly created position where you will be expected to:
- Drive sales and SG&A efficiency in the UK based on strategic business unit guidance.
- Provide effective leadership and execution of Sales, Marketing, E-commerce and Customer Support processes.
- Take responsibility for sales across numerous routes to market including in-house retail, concessions, wholesale, E-commerce and the Wold of Wedgwood Visitor Centre.
- Responsibility for sales of close to £40m.
- Manage KPI's related to sales and local SG&A to ensure profitable growth in the UK market with key performance indicators being Net Sales, Gross Margin, SG&A costs, Profit Contribution and Market Share.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to ensure high expected levels of service for lowest level of cost to maximise sales.
- Oversee a team of c.200 people through the leadership of 5 direct reports
- Drive the engagement of the team while implementing and role modelling the Fiskars values
- Cost management, legal requirements and close collaboration with back office management (Finance, HR, Supply Chain)
The successful candidate must be a highly talented and commercially minded business leader in order to perform at the high standards required. You will have a proven record of delivering sales and marketing success within a leading branded consumer goods business. Specific product experience within home and gift is not required, although having worked for a premium or luxury consumer goods brand would be an advantage.
Key Requirements Include:
- A Degree in Business, Management or related field
- 10+ years’ experience of relevant sales experience
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Understanding of Sales, Marketing and E-commerce
- Ability to align to customers, build relationships, communicate effectively, negotiate positions and set expectations
- Proven capability in formulating & executing strategies and concepts
- Strong leader with rich experience in a global environment
- Branded product experience
In order to apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV and covering information to our retained consultants, Clear Edge Search & Selection Ltd. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Clear Edge Search & Selection Ltd.