Southern Business Development Manager (Vending)
Job Title: Southern Business Development Manager (Vending)
Location: Home / Field Based (From Nottingham Southwards)
Job Sector: Vending
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 + Bonus + Car or Car allowance + Good pension
Job Reference: AL/19947
One of the UK’s leading food & beverage manufactures for the vending, cash & carry, retail and foodservice sectors. Fantastic portfolio of food and drink products loved by millions across the UK. This particular assignment sits within their Vending channel and in order to take this side of the business to the next level, they need to hire a Southern based BDM to manage and grow the vending operator channel.
About the Role:
- Working as a Business Development Manager, you will be required to develop existing vending operator accounts, as well as hunting for new business wins.
- You will be responsible for strategizing profitable new national account business by creating strategic, sustainable business partnerships for future business growth.
- As part of your role, you will naturally work alongside the Head of Vending sales in areas of; operations, marketing, product and service to achieve the company’s business plan.
More Specific Duties Include:
- Convert large new business opportunities in line with company strategy.
- Manage large rollouts of national accounts to point of hand over to the National Account Controller.
- Create joint business plans to drive a proactive sales approach to new business development.
- Build, maintain and secure long-term business relationships.
- Achieve targets in relation to sales and sales calls.
- Adhere to achieving the company’s targets for new large national accounts.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the sector, keeping up to date with market trends and development by competitors.
- Present the company’s value proposition directly to customers.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role Business Development Manager, you must possess the following
- Knowledge and experience of working within the vending or related industry.
- A wealth of sales success focusing on large regional or national accounts.
- A strong track record of new business attainment and consistently hitting new business targets.
- Experience of successfully targeting and growing specific markets/sectors.
- Strong numeric and analytical abilities – able to analyse and evaluate information, compile reports, presentations and cascade this information to internal and external parties – arriving at conclusions that are balanced, systematic and rational.
- Able to work well with others, network and build relationships and to have a strong impact on performance within an organization.
- The ability to understand the financial impact of decisions.
- Confidence, with a high level of self motivation, possessing the ability to work on own initiative.
- Drive, determination and commitment to get things done.
- Service/retail exposure in a fast moving, dynamic environment within a commercially driven organization.
- The skill and ability to identify business development opportunities, to be open to new ideas, identify new markets and generate new approaches.
- Living anywhere in the South of the UK. There will be lots of travelling involved with regular night away.
- A basic salary of up to £45,000 p.a (DOE).
- Company car.
- Good pension
- 25 days holiday
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.