Business Development Manager - Retail
Job title: Business Development Manager - Retail
Location: Home based – South UK
Salary: £attractive plus bonus, company car and benefits package
Sector: Garden Centre Trade
Job type: Permanent
Job ref: NH 19814
Stihl is a global leader in outdoor power tools serving the forestry, construction, agricultural and gardening markets via a network of national dealers. The GB sales and marketing subsidiary, based in Camberley, Surrey, is a significant operation within the worldwide family of highly successful Stihl companies.
STIHL is committed to working in partnership with our servicing dealer network, and with a new garden centre channel for battery powered products. This new role has been created to drive new sales to UK garden centres at all levels, ensuring that retail presentation and product training is at the level that will maximise sell-through.
The Role of Business Development Manager - Retail:
Reporting to the Commercial Strategy Manager this role involves visiting leading garden centre retailers to:
- Identify key prospects and priorities within the garden centre trade.
- Develop an action plan to achieve annual sales targets.
- Develop and deliver a business plan for each customer.
- Build strong trade relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
- Plan and coordinate merchandising support in order to optimise distribution and sell-through.
- Manage product mix and pricing according to company guidelines.
- Monitor the market and competition and take appropriate actions.
- Attend trade exhibitions.
- A negotiable basic salary plus company car, 25 days holiday, private healthcare, private dental care, contributory pension, subsidised gym membership, childcare vouchers, product discounts.
- Stihl is a business that is committed to the development of all employees and successful individuals will enjoy considerable opportunities for future advancement within and outside of the UK business.
Business Development Manager – Retail profile:
- Living in a South / Midlands location the job holder will:
- Be employed as a Business Development Manager or Key Account Manager in a consumer goods business with strong brand identity.
- Possess a proven track record of sales growth, dealing with regional or national retail accounts.
- Ideally have in-depth experience with a garden products supplier and strong trade relationships with all key buyers.
- Evidence of winning and developing profitable sales with relevant garden trade accounts.
- Deep understanding of in-store product presentation and how to achieve maximum impact.
- Prepared to travel widely throughout the UK.
- Commercially strong with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong journey planning and time management skills.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine:
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030