Business Unit Director On-Trade Channel (Start Up Business/Brands within Global Drinks Player)
As a Global Beverage Player, our client is a Leader in several channels areas across many International markets. They have realised their strategic goals by growing through both strong organic development combined with support for Start Up and Seed Businesses within individual Country Markets. They manage to combine the benefits of Global Corporate Size and investment with Entrepreneurial Seed/Start Up Business New Units and New Brands.
They are now looking to Bring New Brands and Products to the On-Trade Channel, delivered through a New Business Unit within the Group, making this an exciting high growth dynamic role.
As result they are now seeking to appoint a Business Unit Director On-Trade.
Reporting to Group Commercial Director and working closely with the UK Managing Director you will take full P&L accountability for
- Driving Exciting New Brands & Products within the On-Trade Channel
This role will see you operating at very senior level both internally and externally in which you will drive business performance within your accounts whilst acting as the “key lead” for Board Visible Strategic Initiatives. Candidates must also display a real appreciation of “On-Trade” commercial strategies that are underpinned by a “Robust Intellectual” appreciation of the wider Issues facing the channel.
Initial Core Responsibilities
- 40% - Strategic Mapping & New Business Development
- 40% - Customer Focused
- 20% - Getting Close to NPD, Marketing & the Manufacturing Teams
- Develop and lead the vision for the New Beverage Brand & Products; secure key stakeholder buy-in, including The Group Executive, employees and board.
- Lead and develop a Commercial & Category Marketing Team to deliver first class service.
- As a Senior Commercial Leader, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business. Provide a Vision for others to form key customers and suppliers, both trade and non-trade, securing existing business and winning new.
- Refine and implement the business strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable sales growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are met.
- Develop a Commercial Strategy which takes the UK Business to the next level and builds substantial equity as a modern and innovative Branded Business.
- Define the growth categories and consumer need. Then energise the origination and delivery of innovation which maximise growth opportunities.
- Lead and coach a 1st class commercial & category support team, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach and establishing a high-performance culture.
Within this remit You will have full accountability for All Senior Contacts within the On-Trade Channel; Involving working with key Trade Marketing Stakeholders, supporting launch of NPD, driving key events around Commercial Brand Plans.
Internally you will be challenged to deliver:
- Leadership- Matrix
- Set the Vision/Direction
- Inspire the New Business (gaining Share of Voice)
- Begin the process of building the wider team
Relevant Candidates will already be operating at a Senior Commercial level within a leading Branded Beverage Business- you may have gained some level of Private Label also; But the main body of your experience must be within Branded Beverages. In that the successful candidate will be fully at home with:
- Execeptionally Strong On-Trade Expereince
- Working closely with NPD & Brand Teams
- Have the ability to spot customer opportunities that encompass the Production and Brand capabilities of the International Estate and Brand Values.
- Be strategic, Be Customer Led- But also have the ability to "Win Business!"
The role requires a real “can do” mentality alongside a creative flair for solution focused thinking inside a matrix framework. Finally the role will need a huge amount of Drive and Passion for delivering real quality to the end consumer combined with a creative flair for delivering ground breaking Customer Solutions.