Logistics and Supply Manager
A fantastic opportunity has risen for a Demand Planner to join my client a fast paced and fun FMCG business based in Hampshire. The role is available due to growth of the business and the need for additional resource. My client is a fast expanding SME with impressive growth over the last year as well as predicted growth.
The Logistics and Supply Manager will be a key position and will be expected to support and drive excellent 3PL and production management. The role will also be expected to lead on the selection and introduction of new 3PL providers and manufacturers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for Warehousing, Transport and Production Management
- Follow up and expedite any slippage on production lead times with suppliers and communicate concerns/issues to the wider business.
- Warehouse and transportation supplier to ensure the highest level of service, including meeting customer OTIF targets, customer/order specifications and compliance, stock accuracy and peak/promotional volume management.
- Project manage the transition of newly appointed warehouse and transportation provider.
- Work on key strategic projects including, manufacturer lead time reduction and supplier on boarding
- Develop and Maintain KPIs and supply related reporting, including 3PL OTIF and manufacturer OTIF.
- Responsible for negotiating, agreeing and managing 3PL and Supplier spend.
- Build strong and effective working relationship with key suppliers and manufacturers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience across planning, warehousing and transportation ideally from a FMCG environment
- Has managed change and/or projects
- Has built systems and processes associated to with warehousing and supply planning
- Strong IT skills including Excel
- Experience in on boarding new 3PLs and Manufacturers
- Experience carrying out supplier reviews with 3PL and co-packing manufacturers
- Strong leadership and influencing skills