FMCG Commercial Planning Controller
A fantastic strategic commercial opportunity at a top West London based FMCG business to lead the commercialisation of business and brand initiatives within the Annual Operating Plan. Working with the Brand and Channel teams the Commercial Planning Controller will be responsible for the development and delivery of Go to Market plans for key business initiatives.
Annual Operating Plan
- Lead the customer and channel representation in the AOP and planning process
- Develop business cases for initiatives
- Commercial input into the development of brand initiatives through PMB process
- Lead Brand and Channel planning sessions
Go to Market Plans
- Development and delivery of annual Go to Market plans for key business initiatives - e.g. NPD, Hero Range, Pack/Format recommendations
- Set customer and channel targets
- Set up appropriate measurement and tracking of the Go to Market Plans
- Lead the development of Channel Strategy and engage key stakeholders in the channel plans
- Identify customer and channel opportunities and engage the business in supporting the development of plans and initiatives to drive growth
Experience and competencies
Ideal applicants will come from a relevant commercial FMCG role, this could include revenue growth management, MS&P, commercial development, customer development, category management, account management / sales.
Key competencies include commercial acumen, strategic thinking, and the ability to deliver results. You'll also have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of marketing, shopper marketing, category management, supply chain and financial management to ensure seamless cross functional working.
This is a great chance to join one of the best FMCG businesses out there. It's a brilliant open work environment and they've made great efforts to selectively build the business around top FMCG talent with a self starting, entrepreneurial mind set, so lots of positive energy and a can-do, go-for-it atmosphere alongside high levels of ownership and autonomy. In general they also have a good flexible approach to working and a buzzy, friendly office. If you're looking for an influential role at a top forward thinking FMCG business that you can make your mark in then please do get in touch.
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we're not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.