Category Analyst/ Junior Category Manager
Wanting to develop your career in an FMCG business which offers a team spirited, flexible and close knit working environment? Looking for a Junior Category Manager role in an awesome category where you’ll be surrounding by a tasty offering?
This FMCG business have a global presence with a UK office based in Greater Manchester. Their Brand is well known and renowned in the category, and quite something of a ‘taste sensation’! The culture offers flexibility and an informal working environment with a close knit team who operate a high degree of trust.
As Category Analyst / Junior Category Manager you will work hand in hand with the Top 4 Grocery Retailers providing ‘killer insights’ to support the growth of the Brand. Responsibilities include:
- Interpretation and analysis of data, reviewing gaps, shelf space, trends, promotional activity etc to provide ongoing reports
- Category range review, evaluation and rationalization
- Provide actionable insights to improve Brand visibility in store
- Identify current and future category segment dynamics
- Translation of analysis to meaningful insight, presenting findings to internal and external commercial teams building strong relationships
- Collaborate with the National Accounts team to deliver compelling insight to the Grocery Retailers
Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience in striking a balance between data analysis and drawing meaningful insight, and successfully building strong customer relationships, enjoying presenting to and advising the customer. You will also:
- Already operate in a Retail environment, FMCG or Consumer Durables, in a role that requires analysis and customer relationship management at head office level
- Be numerate, with strong excel skills
- Be an excellent communicator, able to negotiate and influence
- Be able to develop strong customer relationships at head office level, building rapport, trust and a collaborative way of working
- Be highly analytical, able to analysis different sets of data and translate into something meaningful (IRI, Nielsen, Dunhumby, EPOS)
- Be service orientated, a good listener with a can do attitude who is keen to develop practical and compelling solutions
This is a fabulous business with significant opportunity for further development. With an inspiring leadership team and an amazing Brand, makes for a fantastic working environment.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.