Market Strategy & Planning Manager- Global Brands
As a leading Global Branded player with multiple UK sites, our client has an impressive track record of growth and and Pioneering Product/Brand Innovation. In order to continue this they commit strong levels of investment into both NPD and Leading Edge Brand & Category solutions, alongside a huge Investment within Shopper Marketing & MS&P (Market Strategy & Planning). To them the Consumer is “King” and both the understanding of the End Consumer and In-Store Execution are fundamental to the delivery of their Branded and Commercial Strategies. This is where you could make the difference, as they are now seeking to appoint an MS&P Manager.
The MS&P Manager is the critical link between Marketing and Sales. You will be the voice of the market within the marketing team, knowing what is needed to win in the market place. Working together with the customer teams, you will have the knowledge of what is needed to win at each customer. Ultimately translating this knowledge back into the marketing plans makes the role a critical element in go to market strategies.
- Set the direction, defining introduction, pricing and promotion strategies.
- Developing a differentiated strategy tailored to the customer needs enables us to maximize the support on brands at each customer.
- The MS&P Manager is responsible for the sales and volume planning of our overall business. To do so, you need to have thorough knowledge of the market dynamics, customer development, and local initiative plans.
- The MS&P Manager is responsible for the Initiative planning process. You will know what the dates and gates are in the process, and make sure all involved deliver on their contributions. The MS&P Manager leads the delivery of the initiatives to the sales teams.
- Develop and presents the concept (customer) sells on initiatives to the teams, sets their targets and tracks on delivery on the targets.
Of course your key responsibility is to win in-store.
- Everything that enables brands to win in-store is the end responsibility of the MS&P Manager, from having the right shelving strategy to the right communication in-store (e.g. displays, testers, shelf communication).
Given the development of MS&P as new discipline with Sales & Marketing- the client is open to candidates from the any of the following backgrounds:
- Category & Trade Marketing
- Retail Side Buying/Category/Planning
- Shopper Marketing
- Brand & Consumer Marketing
- Commercial/Financial Analysis
- Or even National Accounts
Although you must:
- Have the ability to lead the thinking to deliver the right strategies to win in the short and long term with customers, bringing the outside in.
- Be able to Integrate Global and Local and customer visions and bring it alive with all of your counterparts.
- Think & Act Decisively. The ability to define key drivers that make a difference in winning in the market, and decisively developing plans & next steps to move the business forward.
- The MS&P role is at the centre of the delicate interface between Global and Local Marketing and Local Sales. Hence the ability to effectively collaborate within the Marketing Team, the Sales teams and Global counterparts is at the heart of a successful MS&P assignment.
Apply for Market Strategy & Planning Manager- Global Brands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly