Business Unit Manager- Own Label NPD Focused Food (Top 4 Customer)
Our client is a Niche Food player within the Own Label & partially Branded market, their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers. Operating within a matrix led divisional Company structure has meant that their product offering is highly extensive whilst offering Products with providence and regional heritage to boot. Having recently undertaken a 5 Year Strategic Review, they are now seeking to appoint a Business Unit Manager in order to champion their Leading Customer & Growth Plans.
As the Business Unit Manager, your remit bet to both Manage & Develop New Business. Working with the Commercial Director you will:
- Operate on a National Account Basis in effort to be the champion of securing new Product listings within the Grocery & Retail Channel
- Not for the faint hearted you will be excited about gaining new customer listings and subsequently pitching the product range to such a degree of success that customers will be keen to progress to “buy” status.
Having close involvement with range management and merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Working closely with NPD & Chef Teams
- Be the internal Champion of the Customer & Consumer- Leading the Passion for Great Tasting Food
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity. Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable.
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Own Label & Brand plans to the Customer Base
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Commercial Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Chef Driven initiatives requirements and also a real “tough trading” environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees a clear structured career path which they can follow across the several divisions they operate.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong National Account Experience in Private Label across Chilled, Ambient or Frozen. Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a key, as this role will test the toughest of characters.