Senior Business Unit Manager- Top 4 (Route to Controller level) High Growth Brands
As one of UK's Leading Branded Food Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. They are also part of Global Food Group and are market leaders in several countries across the World. Their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers; which is further supported through unrivalled taste and traceability. As part of their continued growth, they now wish to appoint a Senior Business Unit Manager to their Largest Top 4 Customer.
You will be tasked with driving the full P&L management of their key customer, and whilst you will be fully supported by the Group Commercial Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “Intellectually Stretching” environment where strength of character is key. The key drivers of the roles are follows:
- Must currently Have or Had Strong- Grocery Account or HQ Buying Experience- & Fully appreciate the Challenging and highly sophisticated nature of this UK leading Retailer
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc)
- Full P&L visibility not just at gross margin level but at ‘Contribution to Profit’ level – understanding influence on the whole business and the wider impact of commercial decisions
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Ability to be able to reason and rationalise complex business scenarios; have the ability to manage the needs and demands of both internal strategies and external requirements by being able to demonstrate the balance of both.
- Application of Category Management and the practical approach and actions; influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products
- Manage product mix to maximise margin
- Manage effective communication of NPD & Category Solutions
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Leading Branded or potentially Own Label Customer Accounts within the FMCG industry and will already be operating within a Senior Commercial Role, as this role provides a real opportunity to “fast-track” your career to BUD status within one of the UK's Food Powerhouses. Additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic candidates who could be at a slightly more Junior level, but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date.
Apply for Senior Business Unit Manager- Top 4 (Route to Controller level) High Growth Brands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly