National Account Manager – Tesco – Homebased
Haribo are recruiting!
Due to our continued success we are looking to appoint a homebased Lead National Account Manager to be responsible for Tesco.
Purpose of the Role:
To achieve sustainable volume, value and market share growth across (a portfolio of) national account customer(s) with a strategic focus on core brands and a passion to secure ‘customer partnership’ status.
- Managing, developing and growing sustainable profitable business through the effective strategic business management of selected customers.
- To develop and nurture exceptional relationships that secure ‘partnership supplier’ status.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Sales Strategy and Strategic Business Management
- Construct, develop, implement and measure tailored Customer Business Plans in order to deliver sustainable and profitable sales growth.
- Reviews all Customer Business Plans and proposes, agrees and makes changes that will positively drive sales and profitability.
- Plans and conducts regular ‘Business Reviews’ with the Buyer.
- Competently uses both Persuasive selling and negotiation skills and techniques to secure business plan objectives and new listings.
- Uses the outputs of each business plan to cascade target activity into Time plans to ensure the effective use of time and resources.
- Conducts regular and planned store audits to check agreed activity and to accurately measure the quality of its implementation. Provides feedback to the Buyer and line manager.
- Keeps pace with the constantly changing grocery retail and wholesale marketplace, anticipates market trends, competitive.
- Conducts a detailed and thorough Promotional analysis and evaluation of each and every customer promotion ensuring that there is a commercial payback from such investment.
- Monitors the Budget control template and the Investment analysis report to ensure it is in line with the agreed plan and actual allocated spending.
- Manages the credit rating and pro forma agreements across the portfolio of customers and collaborates with the Credit Manager to ensure that each customer remains within the set limit and makes payments as agreed.
- To secure and then retain ‘partnership supplier’ status.
- Establish and build exceptional relationships with all Buyers and category contacts
- Collaborates with ‘Influencers’ and ‘Decision makers’ customer contacts and key store managers to drive mutual profitable sales volume, growth and profitability.
Forecasting and Logistics (Supply Chain)
- Considers and supplies accurate sales forecasts and collaborates with the Supply Chain team to aid the communication process with relevant customers.
- Considers cost effective ways of saving on transport costs at all times.
- Collaborates with each customer to ensure invoice accuracy to avoid queries and to secure adherence to agreed payment terms.
- Eliminates customer fines and penalties.
Communication (Internal / External)
- Communicates with clarity at all levels both internally and externally.
- Prepares for and attends all meetings on time. ‘Sets the standard’ for the rest of the business at meetings, trade exhibitions and company meetings.
- Remains positive at all times.
- Maintains all allocated company equipment, Car, All star and Company Visa cards safe and secure at all times.
- Seeks to improve and continually raise their ‘Performance bar’ by measuring performance and capability on a regular basis.
- Fully contributes to the Company Performance and Development Appraisal process, monitors all aspects of performance v objectives, action plan and behavioural competencies.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Proven commercial sales experience in FMCG.
- Of graduate calibre/excellent standard of education.
- Able to demonstrate and deliver exceptional sales and business management skills.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional partnership status relationship capabilities and experience.
- Significant experience of the confectionery market a benefit
- Committed to self - development, improving own performance and setting the standard across the sales team.
- Passionate about the Haribo brand.
Haribo have chosen Better Placed are their exclusive partner for this recruitment and all third party CV’s will be send through to Alex Hamilton for consideration.