Title: Sales Representative
Region: South West UK (Somerset, Bristol, Newport, Cardiff, Swindon)
Sector: FMCG (Gifts & Confectionery)
Salary: c£28,000 - c£35,000 DOE + uncapped commission scheme, 1st year earnings £10-£12k + company car
Cavendish Maine are delighted to be partnering with one of the UK’s best-known gift and confectionery businesses who due to an impressive 2017, are looking to strengthen their sales force. Whether its traditional sweets or hand packed gifts, this brand oozes quality and is regarded as one of the best around.
As a Sales Rep, you will inherit an established client base covering the South West of England and will be tasked with managing over 200 live accounts. You will be tasked with following a journey plan, keeping up to date with latest product launches/changes and delivering against an annual revenue target. This is more of an Account Management/Farmer type role, however new business acquisitions will be encouraged. Typical customers include garden centres, tourist attractions, gift shops and independent retailers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Create and follow a journey plan that achieves the business targets.
- Build trusting relationships with accounts.
- Present the benefits of stocking the brand and be proactive in winning display space.
- Identify new opportunities.
- Report against the area sales plan.
The person for this Sales Rep role:
We are looking for an experienced field sales professional with a background in FMCG sales and someone who is keen to learn and submerge themselves into a niche, but growing industry. A proven ability to manage a sales area with regular field sales visits is crucial. In addition, we are looking for:
- Based in the South West of England, ideally on m5/m4 corridor.
- Someone who can commit to regular nights away, up to 4 a month.
- A dynamic individual and a self starter.
- A proven track record in customer retention.
- Excellent sales skills. Able to influence decisions and close for sales orders.
- Great personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily.
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets.
- Possess the potential and desire to progress to a more senior role.
- Can demonstrate sales success.
Generous performance based bonus on achievement of key objectives. Company car, smart phone, laptop.
If you’ve read this far then great, keep going and either send in an application or get in contact with Aaron at the Cavendish Maine office.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response, we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.