Buying Assistant, Trading
Buying Assistant, Trading
Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
Overview of the role:
Our Buying team are at the heart of our business and play a critical role creating compelling reasons for customers to shop at Boots. They are a fast paced and dynamic team, working cross-functionally to deliver a differentiated, competitive and customer led range in store. The team are accountable for delivering the sales and profit budget using the key levers of range, price, promotions and distribution to delight our customers enabling them to ‘feel good’.
- Contributing to the effective delivery of customer promotions in store by setting up campaign offers such as 3 for 2 on the Boots SAP system. Working alongside other teams such as the marketing and pricing team to ensure set ups are right first time
- Confirming promotional funding with suppliers ensuring this is logged correctly on a tracker so it can be invoiced. Checking invoice calculations and working with the Trading Process team to raise the correct amounts.
- Processing retail price changes through the system, whilst also helping the assistant buying manager to review competitor pricing activity.
- Supporting the stores help desk and customer care team with all category queries, ranging from pricing, product descriptions or missing marketing material in store.
- Running sales reports and analysing for the team and suppliers, helping with Monday morning weekly reporting.
- Providing product nominations for various marketing initiatives such as bump and baby or the health and beauty magazine, checking copy, prices and images are correct before going to print.
- Reviewing brand produced in store marketing material, working with legal and the marketing team to ensure all approved and Boots compliant.
- Attending team meetings to understand the category strategies and priorities.
- Attending supplier meetings to help out where required.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Good time management
- Basic numeracy skills
- Attention to detail, right first time attitude
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively whether face to face, telephone or email etc
- Ability to analyse/ report data
- Collaborative team working
- Good interpersonal skills; the ability to build relationships
- Positive attitude, ability to deal with last minute changes & queries
- A team player
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative to create and/or seek out solutions
- Adaptable and flexible
What's in it for you:
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, excellent employee discount, pension, 25 days holiday, “the benefits box” (discounts available across a huge range of products and services).
In addition to this, you’ll be given the opportunity to considerably further your career working for one of the UK’s most successful and popular retail brands.