Key Accounts Manager
We need a highly motivated and experienced Key Accounts Manager looking for an exciting challenge within a dynamic, profitable company.
Shortlisted for a Yorkshire Post Business in Excellence award, Eurostar Commodities is an established, reputable and rapidly growing business supplying quality food commodities and ingredients across the UK and Ireland, primarily to food manufacturers, wholesale and food service. As a result we need an experienced Key Accounts Manager to join the team, to work closely with our Sales Director to continue to drive sales and profitability growth.
Based in Huddersfield our family business is in its 25th year and our supportive and proactive senior team has exciting growth plans. We are experiencing a huge surge in growth leading the UK in several areas of new product development. As part of this small team you will play a crucial role in the success of the business, as well as enjoy full autonomy.
Our Key Accounts Manager is responsible for managing existing strategic and key customer accounts as well as identifying and attracting prospective new major accounts for the business, maximizing all opportunities for retention, sales and profit growth.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Manage large and strategic company accounts for the company, build and maintain relationships with key personnel
- Meet all major account KPIs including sales targets and profitability goals according to account plans
- Take a proactive approach to account management and manage sales strategy for key accounts
- Identify and attract new prospective major accounts, identifying specific needs and managing the new sales process effectively
- Develop major account plans, including forecasting account performance and reviewing account budgets to grow accounts according to targets
- Contribute to development and NPD strategy which supports the business and account plan requirements
- Longer term will progress to manage regional sales managers, set and monitor sales targets and provide line management and support
Profile, skills and experience
- Proven experience (5 yrs+) managing major accounts and meeting KPIs within food, ideally commodities or FMCG.
- Sales manager / director level experience
- Proven experience in achieving new business targets
- Proven track record of working to KPIs, achieving targets and growing business within large accounts
- Degree educated or equivalent/graduate calibre individual
- Be able to think outside the box and drive innovation
Competitive basic salary (depending on experience), plus bonus, car or allowance
Office base West Yorkshire, home base flexible