Shopper Investment Manager, Leeds
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Do you want to influence some of the biggest investment decisions in Arla Foods?
Do you like to analyse performance and develop strategies to optimise results?
An opportunity has arisen in the UK Commercial Team, for a Shopper Investment Manager to lead the development and execution of the shopper investment strategy for nominated categories, delivering against key business targets.
Reporting to the Shopper Marketing Controller, the role provides excellence in terms of promotions analysis and understanding, delivering guidance to both sales and marketing teams in the development of their strategies and plans.
The focus is on establishing the most effective mechanics to convert shopper into buyers, understanding the financial ROI as well as the wider impact on category and Arla performance, and sharing these results to inform optimised investment plans for each brand and retailer.
Responsibilities within this role include:-
- Leading the development and execution of the shopper investment strategy for nominated categories, delivering against key business targets.
- Continually evaluating results, analysing future plans and identifying opportunities to enhance promotion guidelines.
- Making action-oriented recommendations to the Senior team, based on insight, including contingency plans in response to changing market dynamics.
- Taking a holistic approach to optimising investment, based on a deep understanding of promotions from multiple perspectives (retailer, shopper, consumer and financial).
- Driving collaboration with colleagues in sales, marketing and finance to optimise promotions and shape investment priorities.
- Being the expert and first point of contact for promotions in nominated categories, providing advice and guidance. Leading cross-functional planning and review sessions to ensure learnings are shared widely.
To be successful in this role you will have significant experience working within FMCG within a sales, category, or marketing function. With a business related degree or equivalent, you will be a strong strategic thinker with the ability to deal with granular data balanced with operational pragmatism.
Highly numerate with the ability to synthesise information from a variety of sources to identify key insights, you will have a strong commercial acumen with proven commercial experience, including having directly negotiated with key retailers. With the ability to successfully manage multiple stakeholders with conflicting needs and a strong record of delivering results in a matrix organisation you will be able to clearly communicate straightforward solutions to complex business challenges.