Head of Buying - Food
This is a great opportunity for a Head of Buying to join a leading business in the food sector. Our client is a highly innovative food business looking for a real foodie to head up their buying team.
Head of Buying Responsibilities:
- Inspire and motivate the buying team, which ranges from junior buyer to senior buyer level, setting ambitious performance targets and coaching on areas of development.
- Responsibility for sourcing high quality ingredients, ensuring availability through the effective management of the supplier base.
- Ensuring regular review meetings with suppliers take place
- Managing the supply base to highlight any potential risks and taking effective action.
- Constantly review supply chain searching for efficiencies and cost savings.
- Develop market leading initiatives and react to competitor activity quickly and comprehensively to maintain and grow the company's market position.
- Negotiate the best commercial terms with suppliers on a regular basis.
To be a successful Head of Buying you must have:
- Buying experience in a team leadership role, ideally in a food/FMCG environment
- Pasion for food with excellent knowledge of current and future food trends.
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team
- Able to demonstrate solid examples of managing complex contract negotiations
- Evidence of the ability to set, measure and lead KPIs
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the most innovative food businesses in the UK in a senior leadership role. This will suit someone who is passionate about food and loves bringing new food trends to market with a highly commercial approach.
Lime Talent is a recruitment agency specialising in the consumer goods industry. To view a broader selection of our current vacancies go to www.limetalentgroup.com or call us on 0207 042 3800.
The Lime Talent team always review and process job applications swiftly. However due to the high volume of CVs that we receive online, we regrettably are not always able to respond to every applicant individually. If you've not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Lime Talent Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.