Morrison & MacKay are Independent Scotch Whisky Merchants and Producers of Finest Scottish Liqueurs. Based in the heart of Perthshire and family owned and managed they bring together three generations of experience in Scotch Whisky. 2017 saw the opening of their new distillery at Aberargie and due to their continued success and growth, they are looking to add an experienced Export Manager to the existing sales team.
This role is wide-ranging and you will be required to have previous experience from a similar role ideally with professional networks in the desired International markets. A flexible attitude, robust work ethic and a deep personal passion for whisky are essential.
As Export Manager your core responsibility will be to develop business in existing and new export markets while growing the overall distribution of Morrison and MacKay brands. In addition to the core deliverables of this role, you will also help develop the more junior members of the team and cultivate their knowledge of the export market. You will bring a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to turn your hand to whatever is required on any given day.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Develop business and strengthen relationships with key export markets including Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, France, Sweden, South Africa, Ukraine and Romania.
- Actively pursue and set up new working relationships with distributors in new export markets to grow distribution of Morrison and MacKay brands.
- Increase recognition of Morrison and MacKay brands at export (and occasionally UK) promotional whisky fairs.
- Deliver detailed, in-depth whisky tasting masterclasses in export markets to grow the reputation of Morrison and Mackay brands and the company as a whole.
- Create and deliver new innovative promotional initiatives that are relevant to specific export markets.
- Direct involvement in cask selection for all bottlings, blending and in particular development of new products.
- Work with the team on new product development.
- Entertain guests from export distributors and trade customers with visits to Morrison and MacKay HQ and select events.
- Communicate regularly with the export sales administrator to ensure the highest level of service to all export customers.
- Give detailed feedback on the performance of brands in Export markets to improve our service and product strategy.
- Complete detailed annual case volumes and marketing/travel/entertainment budget.
- Provide a detailed report on export activity to the board of directors once every quarter.
- Attend 3 key Morrison and MacKay outdoor events in the UK to aid the marketing activities of Morrison and MacKay brands with a particular focus on Bruadar liqueur.
Skills and Experience:
Morrison and MacKay offer the successful candidates a unique opportunity not just to develop as an Export Manager in a highly autonomous role but to be part of creating the very spirit you will take to market. In order to be considered for this appointment, you must have a CV that can demonstrate your capability in the whisky trade and your experience within the export market. Personal gravitas and an ability to manage your own workload and present results to the Managing Director and wider business will be required.
New Town Partnership is the exclusively retained advisor to the company for this search. All direct and third-party applicants will be forward to New Town Partnership. For a confidential conversation please contact Jane Gilchrist on 07855 758 444 or apply online.
All applications will be considered and acknowledged.