Operations Manager - Global Food Manufacturer
Title: Operations Manager – Global Food Manufacturer
Location: North West
Salary: c£60k-£70k, Car OR £6,500 car allowance. Other benefits included.
Our client is one of the most recognisable Global Food Manufacturers in the world. This £Multi-Billion business are home to some of the most prestigious brands in the UK and Worldwide. With multi-category and multi-site exposure they are well positioned amongst the biggest names in food. From an employee perspective this business has a tremendous track record of delivering value and progression opportunities.
This role is working at the organisations biggest site based in the North West. The manufacturing site is home to the company’s biggest brands and diverse range of products. They are looking for an Operations Manager to lead a team of 7 direct reports and maintain / increase level of high quality assessments. Reporting into the General Manager you will have a line manager well equipped with this role having recently achieving a promotion. You will bring a wealth of experience with you and the ambition to make a significant difference within one of Britain’s largest food manufacturers.
- To continually assess the production operation to ensure that optimum cost, quality and quantities are achieved and determine and test potential improvements.
- Lead a team of 7 direct reports to ensure that the total Operations team are focussed on the most effective use possible of people, labour, plant and process.
- To ensure that the usage of ingredients and packaging is correctly controlled to give products of the correct cost and quality.
- To ensure that a safe environment for employees is maintained by providing systems which identify and minimise risks.
- To ensure that systems for factory hygiene are implemented and reviewed so that Customer expectations and legislative requirements are met and exceeded.
- To facilitate the development of a team culture primarily with direct reports and Line Leaders, Co-ordinators and Support Operators.
- Responsible for the efficient manufacture and timely despatch of products within the established parameters of food safety guidelines.
- Ensure that all processes are carried out to specification with due consideration to Food Safety, Quality, and legal requirement.
- To create a culture of continuous improvement and promote the use of operational excellence tools and techniques (lean manufacturing).
- Drive out waste in all its forms.
- Deputise for the FGM when required.
- Proven experience of management in a food manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills and able to delegate.
- Sound communication skills, giving clarity and direction to the team.
- Involvement in project work related to achievement of demanding deadlines and co-ordination of multi discipline team.
- Track record of building and inspiring teams.
- Strong experience in driving and leading continuous improvement (lean manufacturing).
- Lean/six sigma black belt preferred.
Your experience & approach are key to the success of this role. If you think the above profile matches your criteria then please get in touch by sending your CV to email@example.com and also for any other roles you might be interested in www.workwithseven.com ref: 20/14656/7
If you do not hear back within 7 days the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search.