SALES OFFICE MANAGER – FMCG
Sales Office Manager – FMCG
Competitive basic salary
Huddersfield – West Yorkshire
My client is one of the UK’s leading importers and traders of canned goods and ambient products into the UK market for foodservice, manufacturing and retail. Their head office in West Yorkshire is home to their technical and test kitchen facilities and is the base for their UK sales and marketing teams and administrative functions.
Due to their continued growth they are now seeking an experienced Sales Office Manager to join their busy West Yorkshire team. Reporting into the Commercial Director you will organise and coordinate the day to day running of the sales office and manage the sales office team, credit control and purchase ledger functions. You will create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness and communication across the business.
Your Duties Will Include:
- Manage sales and order processing and customer service to optimise and sustain sales and delivery performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Direct support to Commercial Director.
- Oversee liaison with external distribution partner to ensure orders are picked accurately and deliveries are made on time every time.
- Communicate internally feedback from customers to other teams within the business.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the company’s product range.
- Produce monthly price lists.
- Calculate product costs.
- Maintain good lines of communication with Buying, Inventory and Shipping teams.
- Advise the administrative team on correct departmental procedures and practices.
- Plan, assist and report on sales and business performance according to company requirements.
- Produce month end reports for customers relating to sales/contract balances and overriders.
- Support company sales team in an administrative function with reports required daily and monthly.
- Resolve issues in a calm and professional manner.
- Manage health and safety within the office.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and procedures as required.
- Projects work as and when required.
To be considered for this opportunity you will currently be working in a similar position in either the FMCG or retail sector. You must possess strong, preferably advanced excel skills and good knowledge of using pivot tables with a keen eye for detail and have a track record of excellent customer service. This is a very fast paced business so the ideal candidate will thrive in this type of working environment. If you think you have the right skills and attributes for this position then apply today with your CV to be considered.