National Sales Manager
National Sales Manager
Reporting to: Global Commercial Manager
Maverick Drinks is a rapidly growing distribution business representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
We are growing hundreds of percent year-on-year, and that growth is still accelerating. We’re in the process of a global roll-out programme, and our brands are about to hit the US market.
About the role
You will be responsible for driving the commercial agenda across multiple trading channels, whilst leading an awesome team of Partner Managers to deliver exceptional value for our business partners - from shops to wholesalers and bars to online you’ll know how to make our brands grow and stand out from the competition. Knowing what makes a sales team tick, you’ll be able to identify opportunities through strong analysis of business performance and coach your team to deliver against those objectives.
Essentials of the job
- Implementing the sales strategy in line with the Maverick Drinks strategic objectives and developing effective ways to deliver the growth plan for the business, you will lead by example internally and externally.
- Reporting regularly on commercial performance, you will be ingrained in every aspect of the partners that your team manage, keeping one step ahead of risks and capitalising on every credible opportunity.
- You will take complete commercial ownership for the bottom line, ensuring that the Global Commercial Manager is aligned to key decisions that affect performance.
- Utilising our new CRM and ERP systems, you will champion them as an enabler for success, drawing value from them and driving efficiencies across the business.
- You will adopt the Maverick culture and champion the ethos throughout your team and with our partners.
- You will input into all aspects of customer marketing plan based on insights and trends you have established within your team.
- You will drive the right behaviours of your team to establish clear ownership for their commercial delivery, entrepreneurial thinking and strategic account management; you will also keep the team agile in its practices.
- You will implement capability accelerating initiatives to drive personal and business growth.
- You will be highly capable at managing the full commercial picture, with strong numeracy skills, you will have working knowledge of marketing investment effectiveness and the importance of demand planning and forecasting; you will also have experience of coaching teams and individuals in these areas.
- Experience of working both in the on-trade and the off-trade in an account manager capacity is imperative to being successful in this role.
- Experience of developing and implementing business processes and sales strategy would be highly desirable
- You’ll have proven experience of delivering exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category.
- You’ll be confident in talking about category, trends and brands; ideally you’ll have a strong working knowledge of the spirits category in the UK or internationally. You’ll also have a strong understanding of customer marketing.
- You’ll have a passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen.
- You will possess a strong sense of purpose alongside the ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo within channel
- You’ll be presentable, articulate and polite, and you’ll have excellent attention to detail.
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification - Higher Level - would be desirable.
- The role is field-based and will require nationwide travel, so you’ll need a full UK driving licence.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the National Sales Manager then please apply now!