Who we are?
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The incumbent will be responsible activation of the Annual Brand Plan and ensuring this plan delivers revenue and profit targets. They will also have opportunities to strongly input and influence the planning process and strategic development of the brand. Given the local nature of this brand they will have a key role in maximising the long term equity and profitability of the Brand, and will be required to work cross functionally on all growth initiatives.
- Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the incumbent will assume the following set of key responsibilities:
- Work with MM & SBM to develop the Strategic Business Review (3 year plan), leading the development and execution of Annual Operating Plan for the brand
- Input into the development/planning of consumer communications and media (especially Digital)
- Management of the execution of other aspects of the Marketing Mix – PR, social, online and promotion
- Develop and execute NPD & renovation launches in the UK
- Develop strong relationships with Customer Directors/ BAMs within sales function as well as Trade Marketing team, Consumer Insights and Category Management at strategic level
- Overseeing internal Brand Championship, ensuring that colleagues are passionate to contribute to brand performance and results, both across functions and Regionally.
- Ability to work across channels, namely retail and foodservice.
- Control of A&CP and making expenditure and procurement decisions appropriate to maximize business results/ ROI
- Owner of Brand Equity results, ensuring that the brand is progressively finding a place in consumers’ hearts and minds
The Candidate Requires:
- Graduate (minimum 2:1) plus a marketing and/or business qualification
- Proven success of brand management in a blue chip, branded FMCG company
- Ability to identify Consumer Insight needs across the portfolio to inform innovation and communications development
- Experience in managing relationships with multiple manufacturing facilities across Europe
- Demonstrable experience working in an Insights function, as this role requires the individual to be the brand specialist in translating and analysing Nielsen data into insights which will help this brand team to market the brands optimally
- Experience of working in a global organisation, in a matrix environment, and able to demonstrate networking and influencing across a region
- Experience of managing the supplier relationship with a data agency
- Experience in leading and developing digital marketing communication strategy and execution including social, owned and paid digital channels.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK multiple grocery channels and their associated trading issues
- Management of A&CP budgeting
- NPD development and launch
- Prior success in the management of agency relationships
- Exposure to a range of research methodologies etc.
- Experience in B2B marketing or food service favourable but not mandatory.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Knowledge of panel/continuous data and exposure to a wide range of market research techniques used in building brands
- Commercially savvy with an good understanding of drivers of profitability
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Demonstrated personal accountability for achieving brand business results
- Passionate about consumers : able to provide examples of real consumer insight and uses these insights to develop more effective plans
- Passionate about food: Is a foodie themselves who enjoys cooking/baking preparation
- Is a true brand champion
- Genuine interest in the commercial aspects of the job
- Able to think laterally around problems to create solutions
- Personal fit with the Company's culture & values
- comfortable working with a variety of teams
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to drive projects to completion
General Mills UK Values:
Our mission is nourishing lives. Making lives healthier, easier and richer every day.
Our values: Everything we do reflects our strong core values and we live these values every day:
- We do the right thing, all the time
- We play to win
- We Grow and Inspire
- We Win as a Team
- We Act boldly, move quickly
General Mills perks!-
- 3pm Finish on a Friday
- Warm, Friendly Culture
- Free Brand products around the office! (Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Yoplait)
- #BOLD = act Bold, Move Quickly
Apply for Brand Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly