National Field Sales Manager
My client, a global FMCG business, are looking for a National Field Sales Manager to join their vibrant sales team.
My client are a global player in the FMCG industry. They are a market leader and continue to develop within the market. They offer excellent training and development options for their staff and the majority of their senior staff have been promoted from within.
This is a unique and strategic National Field Sales Manager role which will encompass two main responsibilities:
- 50% of the role is to manage 1 - 2 national accounts
- 50% of the role is people management, managing the Area Sales Managers who will each manage a team, you will indirectly manage these members of staff also
Other responsibilities will include:
- To recruit, train, motivate and develop direct reports and to ensure the field operation is effectively managed through performance measures and initiatives, ensuring teams are fully briefed and equipped to fulfil their roles and responsibilities
- To maintain and develop systems to measure achievement of objectives, including an appropriate level of field accompaniment and auditing
- Maintenance and development of client relationships, including regular meetings to review performance of the operation, both financially and against key agreed targets. To provide an executive summary to accompany all client monthly reports
- To monitor and control budgets, ensuring sales and profit targets are met. To assist the Account Director in the preparation and negotiation of the operating budget for the following year
- Proactively learn and share best practice with others in the business through actively networking and building internal relationship to enable you to apply within your account to continuously improve the service delivered to the client and drive internal efficiency's.
- To assist when required and use your expertise and experience with new business pitches, helping to create pitch documents and tender responses for both existing and new clients.
The National Field Sales Manager:
- At least 2 years experience managing a field sales team
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG retail environment
- Experience and ability to manage and motivate a team of people
- Experience of managing key accounts / national accounts
- Persuasive and adaptable presenter - ability to positively influence different audiences
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience of professional business practices - running meetings, preparing minutes, making presentations, pitch and presenting to various levels of stakeholders
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external
- Be based in South England, South East England, South West England or the Midlands
- Be able to get to an Oxfordshire head office 2 - 3 days a week
£40,000 - £50,000 basic salary DOE
£6,000 car allowance
26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Other Company benefits