National Account Manager – Discounters
National Account Manager – Discounters
Are you interested in being part of a large FMCG organisation who offer a clear career development path and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, growing and ambitious business? If you’re currently operating at National Account Management position with an appetite to join a driven team with clear career progression. Does working in a fast paced, environment where everyone has a passion for what they do excite you? Are you an enthusiastic and engaging National Account Manager with experience working within UK Discounters channel if so read on!
The Advocate Group are partnered with a multibillion pound turnover FMCG business who are leaders in their category. Who are looking to appoint a National Account Manager to join their growing business to look after UK retailers within the Discounter Channel? They are an international consumer goods company who are looking for the best talent! An experienced NAM is required for a dynamic FMCG business reporting to the Senior National Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven NAM to work from their Head Office in Cheshire. Within the role you will be responsible for driving the UK retail business with Aldi, Lidl, B&M, and Poundland generating new business and managing all Boots UK accounts.
The role offers an autonomous environment as well as clear career progression offering an exciting career move with a multibillion pound FMCG company. The team are all passionate about the brand and the culture is very much collaborative and supportive. This company offers an attractive benefit package such as homeworking, pension, private healthcare, bonus and much more.
This exciting opportunity requires you to work with the UK Discounters to drive the business forward and achieve the company’s growth plans. For this role you must have had minimum of 5 years’ experience as a NAM within FMCG and a minimum of 3 years within the Discounters channel.
- Develop customer relationships and raise awareness of the organisation and brand portfolio via ongoing professional conduct. This role requires a collaborative and consultant approach.
- Develop strategy and sales plans to grow sales and worked to agreed targets.
- Support the managing of JBP for customers across the discounters.
- Support the Sales team with budget management and customer forecasting, responsible for accurate forecasting working closely with internal and external stake holders.
- Accountable for full P&L responsibility for the account.
- Managing the implementation of the customer plan to include sales forecasting, project management and supply chain events management.
- Explore opportunities for growth by identifying and recommending new business opportunities.
- Optimising growth with new product launches.
- Pro-actively identify problems and implement solutions and share knowledge from lessons learnt.
The successful candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years NAM FMCG experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within the Discounters channel.
- Commercial awareness and experience of manging financial budgets.
- Evidence of delivering new business with Accounts and increasing sales and profit.
- Demonstrate that you can work at effectively and proactively without supervision.
- Demonstrate that you can influence and build relationships within internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, confident in negation with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Extremely motivated, driven, resilient and willing to take ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate with the ability to turn data into actionable strategy and insights with attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with large amounts of complex data and information from a variety of sources
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate: Excel, WORD, Powerpoint
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Nikita Pottinger or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business. Any direct or third party applications will be handled by The Advocate Group