National Account Controller - Sainsbury's & Waitrose
Our client is on a journey, a fast paced journey to become the most creative and dynamic drinks business in the world, but they need the support from their team and continued growth of their commercial function! They want individuals that are passionate about winning hearts and minds of the consumer, whilst continuing to develop some of the best customer partnerships known in the drinks industry!
With an exceptional senior leadership team, our client has achieved organic growth through a clear strategy that’s been based on building on their key brands including creating new exciting brands for the market.
What the job entails.
As the National Account Controller you will be responsible for developing, designing and running the Sainsbury’s & Waitrose business. This is a massive opportunity within our client’s grocery team, due to the level this has a lot of potential to lead into bigger opportunities after making your mark! As the National Account Controller you will lead and manage negotiations at a senior level, whilst developing and executing the customers specific strategy to deliver against business and customer objectives. This role has the responsibility of managing a team of 5 direct reports, so inspiring and motivating the team to execute first class commercial propositions!
If you crave an opportunity to make a real difference and are looking for a career move that will accelerate your career at a fast pace – then look no further.
The successful National Account Controller will need to show the following:
• Experience within a Controller position or equivalent – a cross functional move in your career is beneficial but not crucial
• Be a commercial / entrepreneurial spirit (think outside the box, think differently)
• A mentality to generate ideas and make it happen
• Need to be a team player, it’s important that you are one of the team with a shared purpose.
• Demonstrable people management capability
• You must be a passionate individual and able to inspire customers.
• Preferably be degree educated or equivalent
Our client is looking to pay a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package, including company car, industry leading bonus scheme, share schemes, pension & healthcare etc.
You must have easy access to London circa 2 days a week approx.
If you believe in your ability and wish to develop your career please contact Chloe Easton on 07891 248 124 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.