Senior Category Manager - Chilled & Frozen, Major Retail.
Senior Category Manager
- Chilled & Frozen, Major Retail.
We are working on an exclusive basis with a food manufacturer who last year turned over in excess of £2 Billion. As a multi-site business, they surpassed substantial growth targets in the last financial year. Due to this growth it's now crucial that they add experienced Category individuals to manage their chilled and frozen relationships.
This opportunity will report into the Group Category Manager and will proactively lead the development of customer-focused category plans.
The successful candidate will be experienced in developing relevant and actionable category insights to assist in the delivery of commercial objectives and enhance the development of any brands that fall under the remit.
- Develop customer-focused category plans via recommendations on optimum range assortment, promotions and pricing
- Fully understand the category (using Kantar) and to use this knowledge to provide analysis and recommendations to both retailers and the business
- To work with the Marketing, Finance and Sales teams to understand the commerciality of key decisions
- Build relationships with key customer contacts to identify and create category opportunities which facilitate profitable sales growth
- Distribute timely market tracking to the business
- It is essential for the candidate to
- Have a minimum of 2 years FMCG experience
- Be an expert user in Kantar and analytical tools.
- Be commercially aware, with previous experience in a commercial department
- Have strong presentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively with a non-expert audience
- Knowledge of shopper marketing processes
- Chilled or Frozen FMCG experience
- Negotiation skills
In return for meeting the above criteria, the Senior Category Manager will be rewarded with a basic salary of £50,000- £60,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus a company car. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a leading food business and be the voice of the category consumer in key retailers.
This role will suit you if you have prior experience as: Category Manager, Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Category Marketing Manager, Category Marketing Analyst