National Account Manager
Opportunity based out of Birmingham for a well trained, commercial National Account Manager to take on a key Grocery retail accounts as part of a small unit. This is a high profile role within a market leading branded business and offers a real opportunity to grow through the business long term.
The business have a history spanning over 100 years with world loved brands that have been trusted through generations. They offer branded solutions to retail customers across the UK with strong presence in the Grocery multiples. The business have a genuine interest in retaining, looking after and developing each and every one of their employees meaning turnover of staff is extremely low. They pride themselves on taking the time to truly understand customer needs, leading the way with category management and relevant NPD. This role is pivotal to the success of a key Grocery multiple and so they require an ambitious, commercial candidate.
You will be fully commercially responsible for your dedicated lines within a key Grocery accounts. It is vital to the success of this position that you work cross functionally with finance, brand, category etc to provide bespoke solutions designed around your customer needs. Due to the current retail conditions, you will need to be competent and experienced having tough conversations including price increases, shelf space and able to negotiate JBPs at all levels.
This is a true account management role and so it is essential to involved with all the details on a day to day basis. You will have the support of the back office team and an NAE but you will ultimately be accountable for the success of the sales within that account.
Key Skills: National Account Manager
- Outstanding communication skills with customer facing experience as a National Account Manager or Senior National Account Manager on top6 Grocery accounts with FMCG.
- Ideally you will have experience of Branded goods - open to food, drink or non-food experience.
- Ability to build close relationships with key contacts to create sustainable joint business plans that deliver long term.
- The ability to analyse and deal with complex scenarios and present solutions in a simple and effective manner.
- Resilient and tenacious with the ability to work on own initiative to problem solve.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working in a process and target driven working environment.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Located commutable to Birmingham as required.
Competitive salary based on experience plus market leading additional benefits.